NGD -- Carvin

scgmhawk

• Members

Just received a Blueburst Bolt Plus-T on Friday. I haven't had much time to play it but my initial impressions are the workmanship is awesome -- no defects that I can find. The blueburst is a little darker than I was imagining but still beautiful. The neck is very fast -- tung oil on maple, ebony board, stainless frets. The body is alder. I can't really comment on the pickups yet but my initial impressions of them are they sound good to me. The pictures didn't come out great, unfortunately. And, for those curious, I placed my order on 5/8 and received the guitar on 6/19.

DSC01150.jpg' alt='>'>

DSC01151.jpg' alt='>'>

DSC01153.jpg' alt='>'>

DSC01152.jpg' alt='>'>

• Members

Wow, that's a LOT darker than my blueburst Bolt+ was. I bet it looks good in strong light! Mine was too light for my tastes. Almost took on a greenish tint. Like yours, especially with the matching headstock. What pups did you have put in it? C22s?

• Members

Wow, that's a LOT darker than my blueburst Bolt+ was. I bet it looks good in strong light! Mine was too light for my tastes. Almost took on a greenish tint. Like yours, especially with the matching headstock. What pups did you have put in it? C22s?

It is definitely pretty dark but I like it. It almost has a teal look. The headstock actually looks the way I thought the whole guitar looks but the lighting I took the pictures in is bad. I'll try to get some outdoor shots at some point. The pickups are the C22s.

• Members

Thanks for the congrats! I hemmed and hawwed over the decision because I had never played a Carvin. I like bolt-ons and this has the feeling of the most high-end guitar I've ever played (mass produced). Admittedly, I haven't played Suhr or Tom Anderson or any of the high end boutique guitars to compare. But, this was under $1000. I would highly recommend checking them out (at least based on my limited experience). The quality exceeds my expectations and the customer service (which I had read can be spotty) was excellent with Don (salesman).

• Members

beautiful! HNGD!
:thu:

why no Carvin decal?

That's one thing I'm bummed about. I went with a black decal and you basically can't see it! I should have gone with White. I suppose it would have been nice of them to let me know that the decal would blend in with the paint so I would have at least had an option to change it.

• Members

That's one thing I'm bummed about. I went with a black decal and you basically can't see it! I should have gone with White. I suppose it would have been nice of them to let me know that the decal would blend in with the paint so I would have at least had an option to change it.

ouch, yeah, that'd suck.. Personally, I'd see if they would exchange that neck. Probably wouldn't be a full rebuild, so it would be quicker. Looks nice except for the lack of a logo though..

• Members

I ordered a similar one yesterday...now I've got to wait. I went with flamed maple blueburst, white logo on flamed blueburst headstock, zebra pups and a floyd. Its gonna be a looooong 6 weeks.

Archived