Show me your baby halfstacks!

sxyryan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Although I usually gig with a 4x12 halfstack, I have a number of other options available, if I don't feel like messing with a 4x12, although none are as small as a 1x12+head. For instance, my Sovtek head with a 2x12 open-back cab:

Celestion2x12.jpg

Or my Sunn with the same cab:

l_3bb53bfbb7da950d9b088f9c216fe949.jpg

I also have a '60's 1x15 Kustom cab that has been paired with both those heads:

l_08a2e5fc81a5833b71b6a0607ef5feec.jpg

101502BKleanBack.jpg

Although I've got a '66 Super Reverb, she's "retired" from gigging except for special occasions. Since that amp was modded to be a 2x10 combo with 2x10 extension cab (see below, to the right), I have also sometimes used the 2x10 combo top with the 2x12 seen previously as the extension cab bottom-- a 2x10/2x12 almost-halfstack.

redcrossSDBKair.jpg

• Members
^^

What kind of cab is that?

Actually I have no clue,I got it in trade with a VJ head as partial for my Laney,it has some wharehouse 8's I think the brand was when I pulled the back off,it's a fully enclosed 4 ohm cab,sounds pretty good.
DSCF0781.jpg

• Members
Actually I have no clue,I got it in trade with a VJ head as partial for my Laney,it has some wharehouse 8's I think the brand was when I pulled the back off,it's a fully enclosed 4 ohm cab,sounds pretty good.

DSCF0781.jpg

I bet 2 of those would look/ sound neat under my Egnater... hmmm

• Members

Tell me about your AC4TV head and cab. I'm seriously contemplating getting rid of my Fender Pro Jr. and getting this...

+1

Are these the same innards as the combo model? Because I played that and I really liked it.

Cool amps in this thread!

• Members

They sound great cranked and work real well with the volume knob,bad thing is it's only 16 ohm so limited to what it can be hooked up to so I can only run it in 1 side of my 2x12 cab. I actually like my Blackheart LG better,sounds a little clearer & the cab options to me make it much better. Don't get me wrong a better speaker in my cab it might be better to but I run in stereo and both cranked the LG sounds nicer to me.

• Members

Just got this yesterday. Played for about 30 minutes. Really like it so far! I've never really played a tube amp at length, so it's taking some getting used to! It's super responsive, and pretty damn loud. Now I just need a good OD/Boost pedal...I'm thinking ZVex Box of Rock?

photo.jpg

• Members
Just got this yesterday. Played for about 30 minutes. Really like it so far! I've never really played a tube amp at length, so it's taking some getting used to! It's super responsive, and pretty damn loud. Now I just need a good OD/Boost pedal...I'm thinking ZVex Box of Rock?

photo.jpg

OOOO I think I am going to sell my Rebel head, to help fund one of those. I love the sounds it makes but I could really use channel switching. I didn't even know it was out yet!

I'll keep my cab though, and run it as a stack like that

• Members
OOOO I think I am going to sell my Rebel head, to help fund one of those. I love the sounds it makes but I could really use channel switching. I didn't even know it was out yet!

I'll keep my cab though, and run it as a stack like that

According to Egnater, the Rebel 30 is voiced a bit differently? Not sure, but it has plenty of gain on tap in channel 2.

Yeah, MF apparently just got some in and I guess I got lucky, but now it seems they must have sold out because they are now saying available August 10 or something.

At any rate, so far, so good :)

Archived