ArKay

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know, it's only a BFG, but still
:mad:

BFGGaryMoore.JPG

Well it's the old BFG that Gibson couldn't sell, and tarted up up with the patronage of an old geezer trying to be perceived as still in touch with "Da Kidz".

It's not like like it's a "new" BFG that the're like making "proper" and everything.

it's just the old nasty woodwork project BFG with some leftover bits from the parts box bolted on...I can see it now:

Somewhere deep in Gibson R&D:

" What the fuck are we gonna do with all these BFGs...our plan to sell corporate "attitude" to the kids has backfired...they just think that the BFG is a cheap unfinished guitar designed to lure money from sheep like kids."

"Fuck......what we gonna do with 'em...burn em?"

"No, those bodies is best Chinese mahogany....lets...I know! lets get Gary Moore to endorse it...he'll endorse anything."

"But do "Teh Kidz" even know who Gary Moore is"

"Fuck the kids, lets tart it up a bit with a truss rod cover here, a pickup ring there, and then we can sell 'em to the middle aged business men who likes to think they're a bit "rock 'n roll" but dont want to stoop as low as to be seen playing a guitar that they apparently couldn't afford to have finished."

"Brilliant!"

:thu:

• Members

That is what you will see with guitars that don,t have quality control. Right Gibson and sent in the image, i think you will get a new guitar.

Just did that. I bought it from an online shop in the Netherlands and I hope that I won't have to send it back there.

• Members

Except for the huge chunk of wood missing on the right side of the neck nothing I guess
:idk:

thats the ways its supposed to be. the neck joint are is leveled out, the top carve isnt... to the top ridges will naturally be above the neck joint area.

its an unfinished top, not a stylized one.. it looks... unfinished.

:)

• Members

I know Marc. The price was more than OK, I was gonna mod the hell out of it and was looking forward to the project. I'm no luthier though :bor:Sucks.

I feel for you man!

I REALLY wanted a BFG when they first came out, even 799 quid () and i went to the London Guitar show, cash in hand.

Anyway, the guitar was shit, and Gibson wouldn't let me on their bus to look at the "decent" stuff, so fuck 'em....i went home with my money.

Can you not find something like a 2nd hand MIJTokai LS65 (mine absolutely slays and was cheap)and stick a P90 in the neck?

Mind you, I dont know what the GM BFG cost you.

• Members

Would a partial refund from them sweeten the deal enough to make it worthwhile, or do you have enough 'cheap guitars' already?

I'd kind of like to take a sander to the top of one, just to see if it could be made to look reasonable.

Marc - you know I've been amazed at that Tokai I bought a few weeks back. Definitely not an LS65 though....

• Members

I feel for you man!

I REALLY wanted a BFG when they first came out, even 799 quid () and i went to the London Guitar show, cash in hand.

Anyway, the guitar was shit, and Gibson wouldn't let me on their bus to look at the "decent" stuff, so fuck 'em....i went home with my money.

Can you not find something like a 2nd hand MIJTokai LS65 (mine absolutely slays and was cheap)and stick a P90 in the neck?

Mind you, I dont know what the GM BFG cost you.

It was 945EUR, delivered. It's a nice modding platform, that's what got me interested. It's not a bad guitar, kind of reminds me of that relic Vintage I used to have, raw top and neck... Only that it's chambered and already has good pickups and a P90 route.

• Members

Would a partial refund from them sweeten the deal enough to make it worthwhile, or do you have enough 'cheap guitars' already?

I'd kind of like to take a sander to the top of one, just to see if it could be made to look reasonable.

Marc - you know I've been amazed at that Tokai I bought a few weeks back. Definitely not an LS65 though....

I also got a US Sheena today which I paid half as much for, it's flawless.

No, a refund won't do. I don't like to buy stuff with flaws, I'd rather return it. It feels like I'm being taken advantage of and that's a feeling I don't like at all. "Some fool is going to keep it", not me.

Sander sounds good, I also thought of that :lol:

Archived