OT: 2 years! I am grateful and proud

benzem

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Im proud of you man. Its in my blood to drink but i have pretty much kicked it to. I can proudly say in the last 4 years i haven't got drunk. I have had an occasional snort but no drunkness. It cost me to much money and to many friends.

Thanks and great job yourself!!! Yes the price in my case has also been high.

:thu:

• Members

Congrats !

I'll be two years clean of nicotine in two months.

Awesome!!:thu::thu:

And ironically, me too for cigs. I didn't smoke til 27 and off and on but it took so many tries to stop. When I did, it was oddly easy. I had just made up my mind and prayed a little and boom nonsmoker. very few times have I wanted one. But if I drank......

I quit 11-9-07

And I am glad the cig thing came out even tho not intended when I started the thread. If even one person quits... cliche but true

• Members

congrats I decided about a month ago that i needed to stop the smoking (pack a day roughly) every one was calling me an addict and i think cigs are gross. well I said {censored} it and quit. craved for a few days and now im good. been a month since i bought cigs.

Awesome! Stay strong and keep the "gross" thoughts, it helps I think.

:)

:thu::thu:

• Members

Awesome!!

And ironically, me too for cigs. I didn't smoke til 27 and off and on but it took so many tries to stop. When I did, it was oddly easy. I had just made up my mind and prayed a little and boom nonsmoker. very few times have I wanted one. But if I drank......

I quit 11-9-07

And I am glad the cig thing came out even tho not intended when I started the thread. If even one person quits... cliche but true

Wow man. Quitting one is hard enough, and you somehow managed to do both. I envy your strength. I'm struggling with it right now (cigs). Any advice for a hardcore cigarette and coffee addict?

• Members

Wow man. Kicking that is probably one of the hardest things you'll ever do. Keep at it and good luck!

Sorry to hear about your mom. I've been smoking for about 10 years and have tried desperately to quit several times. Stories like your's and your mom's give me hope, strength, and motivation to push through the pain and kick the habit.

Thanks for that.

unexpected bonus of this thread for me to maybe have some positive influence. It's empowering which counters the horribly helpless you feel when someone you love is sufferin so much.

You can do it

• Members

Kinda proud cuz i have also been dealing with an undiagnosed health issue that has made me wonder if I am going down at times. Pain.

Congrats! And God Bless.

Don't fall into the self medication trap for pain.

And don't fall into the "pain free" trap either.

One of the best things you can do is start an excercise program and this will reduce your pain. If you need advice, PM me.

• Members

I used to drink a bit (lots of huge bits, actually), too. Had to quit for health reasons. These days I only have a beer with dinner if I'm traveling out of the country. That might amount to a few beers every year. Cigarettes were much tougher to quit, but January will be eight years for me. Some days, those damn things still smell good.

I still get to enjoy coffee, and am happy about that. Other than coffee and a prescription anti-convulsant, I'm clean.

Good luck to you in doing what you have to do.

• Members

Been there, done that. :poke:

Last drink: August 1988

Last illegal drugs: December 1987

Last Cig: Around 1992 (seems like my memory should be better without alcohol & drugs, oh well)

:thu: Proud of you!

The cobwebs in my mind are clearing as time goes by!

"One Day at a Time" adds up, just like one lick at a time builds repertoire!;)

Archived