My wings were clipped last night...

sxyryan

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Had the most amazing conversation with this beautiful girl last night... decided to go to bed at about midnight.

Got up, turned my light off. i Was in such an amazing mood. I was floating on a cloud, as they say. Well the weightlimit on that cloud must ave been less than 230, as I tripped over my own feet an landed on my hand, forcing my fingers to try and reach back and touch my wrist (on my left hand).

At first I thought I was ok, then I realized I couldn't move my middle, ring or pinky fingers, and those three were kind of at odd angles.

I Live in a dorm, and noone was around. I called campus security, no answer, no one was at the health center, none of my friends with cats would pick up their phones... so I managed to dress myself, walk the mile too my car and drve myself to the hospital.

Broke the one the bones that sit between the knuckles and the wrist. meta carpel or something like that?

sorry if the typing isn't good. I write and play righty, but do everything else left dominant so this is pretty tough

• Members

Had the most amazing conversation with this beautiful girl last night... decided to go to bed at about midnight.

Got up, turned my light off. i Was in such an amazing mood. I was floating on a cloud, as they say. Well the weightlimit on that cloud must ave been less than 230, as I tripped over my own feet an landed on my hand, forcing my fingers to try and reach back and touch my wrist (on my left hand).

At first I thought I was ok, then I realized I couldn't move my middle, ring or pinky fingers, and those three were kind of at odd angles.

I Live in a dorm, and noone was around. I called campus security, no answer, no one was at the health center, none of my friends with cats would pick up their phones... so I managed to dress myself, walk the mile too my car and drve myself to the hospital.

Broke the one the bones that sit between the knuckles and the wrist. meta carpel or something like that?

sorry if the typing isn't good. I write and play righty, but do everything else left dominant so this is pretty tough

i broke my 4th left meta carpel a few years ago dude,i fell up my basement stairs...SOBER:facepalm:...it took several weeks to heal and hurt like a mofo,but it's fine now.i didn't play guitar at the time but it kept me from riding my motorcycle:mad:,you can't clutch very good with a broken hand...

Damon

• Members

Are they going to have to do some surgery, or did resetting the bones get everything back in place? Regardless, if the docs send you to rehab, GO! Don't mess around or wait too long. If you want to regain the coordination, range, and strength you had prior to the break, do everything the physical therapist person tells you.

I didn't take it serious and now I am regretting it. I lost range of motion and also have a big time loss of coordination in my whole hand, especially my pinky. It's really hosed up my playing, let me tell ya....

• Members

Are they going to have to do some surgery, or did resetting the bones get everything back in place? Regardless, if the docs send you to rehab, GO! Don't mess around or wait too long. If you want to regain the coordination, range, and strength you had prior to the break, do everything the physical therapist person tells you.

I didn't take it serious and now I am regretting it. I lost range of motion and also have a big time loss of coordination in my whole hand, especially my pinky. It's really hosed up my playing, let me tell ya....

Not 100% sure what the procedure is. All i know is it is in a fiberglass splint right now, set by the ER doc and that I have an appointment to get it casted monday.

Thank for the well wishes... means a lot... :thu:

• Members

i broke my 4th left meta carpel a few years ago dude,i fell up my basement stairs...SOBER:facepalm:...it took several weeks to heal and hurt like a mofo,but it's fine now.i didn't play guitar at the time but it kept me from riding my motorcycle:mad:,you can't clutch very good with a broken hand...

Damon

That's essentially what happened to me, no alcohol involved.

The doctor gave me Vicodin for the pain... last night I took one (never taken them before) and actually heard a Woman's choir singing to me...

• Members

Sorry about your broken hand, hope you have a speedy and full recovery. You should be very concerned as to why you couldn't reach campus security or the health center and demand answers.

+1. The hand problem sucks, but the lack of emergency response is downright disturbing. Somebody who went to college with my wife died because the college's emergency response was incompetent. Do yourself and the rest of your community a favor and follow up on that; if they don't get their {censored} together the outcome could be even worse next time around.

Archived