Spider Valve MkII officially released. Polling initial impression..

Durango_Kid

• Members

I know everybody usually slams the Spider Valve series and Line 6 amps in general but I've heard some very good tones coming out them at the local GC a few times. If they keep improving their tubes amps they could become a serious contender, especially if they get some well known artists to tour with them....

• Members

i'll give it a go....they've modeled some pretty nice amps. good to see something different than the same options they've had for what seems like years...

I would have to agree with this.. I find it interesting that they based the clean off of a JCM 900 and a Hiwatt. Also seems like the two plexi styles are a set upt to be a strong foundation.

As I look at the details of this closer there are several things that would make me consider this as a 2nd/workhorse amp to give me more options in one package.

1. the firmware is upgradable. Mandatory for this type of technology IMO

2. the effect are editable-including the reverb. Another no brainer.

3. the volume 'boost' are and NR are editable.

It seems like the improvements they have made might make this generation stick a little longer. If the tone and feel are improved as they claim, it will make this very tempting. Not sure I would feel comfortable selling the Traynor until it proves itself in the reliability dept. but I have to say that it seems like a really strong balance of old technology and new.

I would be willing to be that this is the direction they are heading towards for the new Vettas but that getting into a price point that is probably more than I am will to spend anyway..

• Members

Hi

It is for sure not my next amp

Because this is 65 Princeton RI

But after this

I own

Line 6 Spider Jam with FBV

Toneport UX1

Some tones are good some are bad but basically it gets you nearer to something then to dial all by yourself

As soon as somebody owns it and reviews

I need to know

Where do the effects come in.Always ahead of preamp?after preamp?switchable?

Can I acess by Computer(not only the firmware upgrade)?

Can I modify and store presets by computer?

Both this as on Spiderjam it takes you a lot of fiddling on the amp to store it and the FBV shortboard access only the first two

But if this is somewhat OK I may go for it as it is what should have been done long ago-->melt Tube and modeller affordable together

Lets see

Owner aslo of Roland Cube -30 X and Tech 21 Trademark

Have fun

Roland

• Members

How does this MKII differ from the 1st Spider Valve ???

:confused:

My thoughts exactly. I guess I missed out on the Spider Valve MK1 HD100 head for $449 at zzounds/American Musical Supply/SameDayMusic. I should have ordered Friday before I left for the weekend.

Archived