list some 25.5" scale set-neck or neck-thru guitars

Gravity

• Members

Every Schecter, ESP/LTD, BC Rich, Michael Kelly, Agile, etc ever.

ummmmm

no :cop:

I wish I were a super-strat guy because the choices there seem plentiful

The Hamers look awesome ... but the price tag! good lord no

I'll just have to keep an eye out at my local stores

• Members

Every Schecter, ESP/LTD, BC Rich, Michael Kelly, Agile, etc ever.

every agile what? theres precisely 2 set/neckthru 6 string agiles with a 25.5" scale.

everything else is 24.75 or long scale (27-30).

you CAN custom order many models though with any scale you want. could order a al-3000 lp type with a 25.5" scale and neck through for example. price wouldnt be terrible, the wait is though.

• Members

And the reason you are avoiding bolt-on is...?

If it's the 'Bolt-ons are cheap and don't have the same sustain or tone' excuse, you've been mislead.

yeah, a good bolt on is better than a set neck on a factual basis, plus it's easier to interchange.

Some guitars sound better as set necks though.

Anyways, I need one of those hagstroms. I love my Viper 1000 with duncans but I hate 24.75 scale and jumbo frets. too fat and short.

• Members

And the reason you are avoiding bolt-on is...?

If it's the 'Bolt-ons are cheap and don't have the same sustain or tone' excuse, you've been mislead.

Nah .. nothing like that. I know better.

I have a Tele and an Ibanez Blazer (HH hardtail strat-ish) that get a ton of use.

But what's making me ask this question is that Yamaha SHB 400 that I just got which feels unbelievably awesome to my hands. It's a set neck with a nice heel and a 24.75 scale.

I've found that I prefer to tune standard E and Drop D on 24.75" scales and to standard D and Drop C on 25.5" scales.

So, I'd like to find something like that Yamaha with a 25.5" scale.

Here's some more pics of it http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2444978

And I'd like to find it for under $500.

• Members

Nah .. nothing like that. I know better.

That's good to hear then. If you can find them around (used will be even cheaper) and if you don't mind the brand, Schecter makes some great 'non super-strat' models with set or thru necks.

Just as a taste; the stiletto classic are a little ugly, but I like...

541177.jpg

541178.jpg

and the Ultra's

_1234525148.jpg

41PonVQ%2B74L._SS500_.jpg

Then there are the standard Hollywood, C-1, 006, models that you see everywhere. Depending on your taste, you can pick any of those up for $500 used; especially here on the forum.

• Members

that Ultra doesn't look bad

I guess not all the ultras are created equal though?

looking on the bay I see some for 1K and others for way less.

Where were they made? What's the radius on the fretboard?

They're Korean... they sell new for 1k, but you can find them used for less. Like almost any schecter, their resale value is pretty poor. The problem is that less Ultras made and sold = less Ultras used = harder to find used ones. C-1's are everywhere though.

I'm also gonna go and say a 14" radius... again, common with most schecters.

• Members

I've got a Fusion Blues FB-700 on layaway...it's 25.5" scale and a set-neck. Not easy to find though:

20070301_1.jpg

A lot of jazz boxes are 25.5" scale, BTW.

Regarding PRS--most of them are 25" scale. Paul Reed Smith thought it was a good compromise between Gibson and Fender.

Archived