why are you people so jealous of Bbreaker?

jjpistols

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lou's a good guy. We hung out one day when he was in my parts. I took him to every guitar store in the area, and he didn't buy even one guitar. Not even ONE. He did buy me lunch though. Let's get together again the next time you are through Lou.

• Members

Another "stop picking on Bbreaker" thread, following on the heels of a "Look, I've got a lot of guitars" thread. Where have I seen this before?

Oh, right, it was here. Three or four times a year, every year. Has someone posted the Shane! Come back! pic yet? I liked that one, but I always forget to save it.

What's next? I can't remember how this goes. Is it ravencad vs. GCDEF in another round of carvins suck/you suck? I know you guys buried the hatchet, but 'cmon, once more for old time's sake, eh? No? Ok, how about another round of "Post your (insert colour here) guitar" threads?

:bor:

• Members
Another "stop picking on Bbreaker" thread, following on the heels of a "Look, I've got a lot of guitars" thread. Where have I seen this before?

Oh, right, it was here. Three or four times a year, every year. Has someone posted the Shane! Come back! pic yet? I liked that one, but I always forget to save it.

What's next? I can't remember how this goes. Is it ravencad vs. GCDEF in another round of carvins suck/you suck? I know you guys buried the hatchet, but 'cmon, once more for old time's sake, eh? No? Ok, how about another round of "Post your (insert colour here) guitar" threads?

Hey, if you don't like em, don't click em.. :rolleyes:

• Members

Hey ho.

From what I remember, Lou's stuff is a lifetime collection, funded by hard work as a self-employed trucker, a collection supported by his family.
If I was in that position, I would be proud of what I have done and inclined to let people see it. And yes, I may even draw attention to it.

Of course some people will be resentful or regard that as inappropriate bragging. It's hard to see someone's tongue in their cheek here.

I would rather admire rewards of hard work than applaud a broker/banker whose yacht/car/mansion is funded by deceit or other peoples misery.

but wtf, this is an internet forum and it would be no fun if everyone was rational.

• Members

I'd say, I'm not in any way. The time I've spent on these boards has lead me to be fairly disgusted, and to laugh at guitar collectors. I had a decent collection going, and had big plans to have so many more guitars. After seeing it all here, I've said {censored} no to that. It's so incredibly silly, and just... I don't know, it seems no different than pack rats, really. I'd rather not feel the need to own so many frivolous things to feel good. I currently own one electric guitar, and have a custom plan drawn up. Beyond that, I'm going to consciously never expand my "collection"

• Members
That old chestnut?

Call it what you want, but it's very true. If you don't like what a thread is about, just don't bother with it. I read about 5% of the {censored} that's posted here. I often go into threads and see people arguing about stupid {censored}.. Sometimes I comment, but usually I just ignore it. Not everything needs my own special brand of wisdom applied to it.. ;)

• Members
there is definitely an anti-recording movement here at HCEG that I was surprised to find existed - a powerful powerful cabal, with death threats and post it notes and thumbtacks of doom and all sorts of horribleness attached

but that's for another thread

:eek:

It seems like whatever is in my sig has become a self-fulfilling prophecy. IT'S ALL {censored}ING TRUE.

:snax:

• Members

Why am I jealous of Bbreaker? Well he has a lot of guitars that I wish I owned and just a lot of nice gear in general. That being said I think he's a nice guy and I enjoy seeing his collection. I don't understand why it gets people so fired up. I'd be proud of my collection too if I spent that much time and money on a hobby I loved.

• Members

I'd say, I'm not in any way. The time I've spent on these boards has lead me to be fairly disgusted, and to laugh at guitar collectors. I had a decent collection going, and had big plans to have so many more guitars. After seeing it all here, I've said {censored} no to that. It's so incredibly silly, and just... I don't know, it seems no different than pack rats, really. I'd rather not feel the need to own so many frivolous things to feel good. I currently own one electric guitar, and have a custom plan drawn up. Beyond that, I'm going to consciously never expand my "collection"

Why do you laugh at guitar collectors? I don't get it.

"You have a lot of guitars, I have one. Bwahahhahahaha."

Carpenters have more than one hammer. Golfers have more than one club. Writers have more than one pencil. Artist have more than one brush. Mechanics have more than one wrench.

• Members

Why do you laugh at guitar collectors? I don't get it.

"You have a lot of guitars, I have one. Bwahahhahahaha."

Carpenters have more than one hammer. Golfers have more than one club. Writers have more than one pencil. Artist have more than one brush. Mechanics have more than one wrench.

Last time I checked all the hacks down at the country club have lots of golf clubs....

Oh wait! So does Tiger Woods :poke:

• Members
Call it what you want, but it's very true. If you don't like what a thread is about, just don't bother with it. I read about 5% of the {censored} that's posted here. I often go into threads and see people arguing about stupid {censored}.. Sometimes I comment, but usually I just ignore it. Not everything needs my own special brand of wisdom applied to it..
;)

Why not bother with it? its a foogin public forum. Ill post what I want, when I want and how I want. If people dont want other opinions then they shouldnt post:thu:

• Members

HC: the guitar forum where you can only be cool if you exclusively play a gaggle of low end guitars. Large collections of nice guitars strongly discouraged, bad to mediocre playing preferred.

You can describe it anyway you want...people are just jealous.

Some people, quite possibly. But it's not the large collection that bothers me...I think it's way cool...

• Members

HC: the guitar forum where you can only be cool if you exclusively play a gaggle of low end guitars. Large collections of nice guitars strongly discouraged, bad to mediocre playing preferred.

You can describe it anyway you want...people are just jealous.

this x 10

• Members

is it because he's a better shopper than you, or because he had a gig?

I think the people that are jealous of him are the people that can only afford Agile's and Squire's and go into GC and get a boner looking at $600 used American Standard Strat.

I can understand somebody being jealous of Dave Rogers or Mike Slubowski's collection but not Bbreaker

• Members

I think the people that are jealous of him are the people that can only afford Agile's and Squire's and go into GC and get a boner looking at $600 used American Standard Strat.

I can understand somebody being jealous of Dave Rogers or Mike Slubowski's collection but not Bbreaker

Now you're talking the big leagues and I have no jealousy there either...just awe...

Archived