why are you people so jealous of Bbreaker?

jjpistols

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, the last thing you'd want to see in an electric guitar forum is... um...er... really great electric guitars... I umm guess....

Lou has quite the following - he falls somewhere between Yngwie and Lady Gaga on the controversy list at HCEG, so he's doing something right

and all he wanted to do was play guitar

• Members

He's got a lot of eggs in his basket and some people can't deal with that. I've got some guitars too but I probably put more $ into my studio and that's kind of overkill for a guy who doesn't do it full time.

Thinking: if you really like music and guitar what else are you going to spend your money on? He's all right by me.

• Members

Maybe I'm missing something... but I don't think he has THAT MUCH money in his collection... I mean he's got some good guitars, but not a bunch of crazy vintage stuff... a few older pieces, but mainly ones purchased at the time, not years later for huge bucks.

If you sold his whole collection, you probably couldn't buy a decent yacht.

And there are PLENTY of folks in my area that have yachts... and 95% of the time they just sit there at the dock... which can cost a bunch every month...

M

• Members

How about the mods just sticky a thread of just BBREAKERS stuff and people who love looking can at any time they want and those that are sick to death of it don't have to.

Or how about BBREAKER making his own gear thread and linking it in his sig so people can access it anytime they want. I did that for my junk instead of posting the same pics all the time and hogging up other peoples threads.

• Members

Like I said in the latest BBreaker thread - the guy has 114 guitars. So what? Just move on if you don't want to deal with the thread's topic. It's that simple. But nooooooo, some people have to get all bent out of shape, and make a federal case out of it. Get real!! Those same people are among those who are posting in the most current thread, extolling the "awesomeness" of Les Pauls. Gee, how many threads have there been on Les Pauls since I joined HCEG a year plus ago? More than I can remember. But I don't complain about it. So, why don't they quit complaining about BBreaker threads. If it gets them that messed up, all they have to do, is look at the thread title, and/or who the OP is for the thread, and avoid entering the thread all-together. That's simple enough to do.

• Members

Maybe I'm missing something... but I don't think he has THAT MUCH money in his collection... I mean he's got some good guitars, but not a bunch of crazy vintage stuff... a few older pieces, but mainly ones purchased at the time, not years later for huge bucks.

If you sold his whole collection, you probably couldn't buy a decent yacht.

And there are PLENTY of folks in my area that have yachts... and 95% of the time they just sit there at the dock... which can cost a bunch every month...

M

That's what I tell folks. I don't often mention to folks how many guitars I've bought cuz frankly it's a bit embarrassing and most folks don't understand why. But the last time I had this conversation with a friend at work, I shrugged off his bewilderment by saying many folks have more $s tied up in their driveway in a car and a boat. And just think how fast those items are depreciating compared to guitars. Guitars are more like guns as far as retaining value and resale.

I was also visiting a friend in Spokane a couple months back and we were jamming. I brought along a simple Danelectro '63 and a Squier Tele Custom II since he'd sold off his electric and I wanted to travel with decent sounding but not expensive guitars. He started asking me if I'd ever just considered saving up for a "good guitar". I told him, "well frankly, I have most models that folks routinely think of in addition to these". Then he began to repeatedly ask me how many I had even though I said I'd rather not say. I finally told him and then he went on and on about why would I need that many guitars. I finally had to remind him that I didn't even want to answer the question in the first place and that I never claimed it made any sense.

The upside of the discussion was that he now says he's interested to come over my way to visit. ;) He also asked me how long it would take someone to sit down during a visit and play all the guitars. And I said to him quite frankly, "I don't know, it's never been done". :lol:

Archived