what is so standard it has become generic?

jjpistols

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

{censored} it...I guess I'm done playing guitar since there's no style of guitar or style of music that's not been done to death. Also, being on the bad side of 40 means I have to wear Hawaiian shirts and play Johnny Lang covers... doesn't appeal to me at all.

• Members
I can't believe no one has mentioned this: Super expensive boutique amplifiers in all kinds of candy colored, retro-looking tolex - purple, seafoam green, orange, red, turquoise, lime green, etc. All of them rave about their point-to-point hand-wiring, and simple design based on a Marshall Plexi or Fender.

rsa-lg.jpg

I don't know if you've ever actually played the d13 FTR37 which you have pictured in your post, but it is absolutely freaking awesome and is a fairly original design in that it's basically the best fender you've ever heard and the best marshall you've ever heard, and they both happen to reside in the same amp!

• Members
Grandpa Simpson: "We can't bust heads like we used to. But we have our ways. One trick is to tell stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I caught the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for m'shoe. So I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt. Which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Gimme five bees for a quarter, you'd say. Now where was I... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones... "

:lol::lol::lol:
I got the reference right away, but I couldn't have recited it like that. Thanks for enlightening everyone else :)