For Vox AC4 Owners

BG76

• Members

I know a few people here own AC4 model Vox amps. I have the head and was going to buy the matching cab but the speaker sounds like garbage.

Since you need a 16 Ohm cab your options are kind of limited

I looked around and found some old Marshall Micro Stack cabs from the late 80s.

These have an English made Celestion (no Chinese crap) speaker in them that sounds really nice and is also 16 Ohms. The speaker model is G10D-25.

I found a couple of these for sale. They cost me $30.00 for two of them (about $15.00 each) - from different places + about 10 bucks shipping each. The Vox cab is about $170.00

Any AC4 owners out there looking for an alternative may want to check these out, plus they are the correct size.

IIRC these come in black, red and white. Also, I am not sure but the newer models probably have Chinese speakers in them so ask about the model.

DSCN0007-1.gif

• Members

I actually have the newer Zakk W stack with the speakers you refer to as "Chinese crap" and they are actually not that bad. More bottom end than one would expect.

But I bought the combo model of the AC4TV and I just bought/received a Weber Alnico Blue Pup.

Hopefully I'll get that installed this weekend and will post some comments.

I've thought about putting the stock AC4TV speaker into the ZW microstack since I think it might be a bit of a step up :idk:, but I thought it would be cool if I could find a second discarded AC4TV stock speaker for the balance.

• Members

Matching cab sound good enough. The VX12 sounds like a better clone of the celestion g12-30's then the wharfdale gsh12-30's(which I also think are fine) that vox has been using for awhile. Since the speaker is rated at 30w I'd wouldnt be surprised if they were chinese Celestion g12-30's.

Blues FTW with this amp though. Weber be a good choice.

Archived