Is music your biggest thing?

realtree71

• Members

Beyond work and family, music/guitar has passed cars/racing in the last year or so to take the top spot - our 2 lovely offspring take up virtually all of the time and budget that used to be spent on the autocross car, which is now for sale (PRS/Mesa partial trades considered!). I'll have another in a few years.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

i teach, play in a band, make all my money from that.

I dont make a lot of money...........

I pay the rent and my and my gf happy. I don't work very hard and my guitar pays all my bills.

I've gotten pro-level work before. Broadway-type stuff, stunt guitar. It's awsome when it comes around cuz its good money, but I don't count on it.

• Members

My biggest thing? No, but it's up there with my biggest thing(s): Music, martial arts, photography, cars, hiking and a few others.

But, I'd say my biggest thing is advertising and that incorporates all of my other "big things." Hell, I get to do so many cool things as an ad creative it's insane people get paid for this {censored}. The more useless knowledge and life experience in other fields that you have, the better off you are in this industry. It's sweet.

• Members
for me, playing rugby is probably a bit higher on the list. but music is a very close #2. but rugby tears ur hands up so it kinda sucks. but i love rugby and music.

Tell me about it. A couple of years back I had some giant mutant of a man stand on my fretting hand (by stand I mean stamp) and I broke my wrist, two metacarpals and a finger. Couldn't play for months. :facepalm: It showed me one thing, I need to be playing my guitar! Definitely my biggest thing! with rugby and skiing a close second and third.

It's nice to see some guys on the other side of the pond playing rugby

A far superior game to football (and let the abuse fly!) :poke:

• Members
Just curious

It fullfills me, it doesnt ask anything from me other than to enjoy it.

Some folks Fish, hunt, race, rock climb, Trail ride, Do Triathlons..... All of which I do regularly but music....... Its like sex for me..

Rock on

Pretty much man. When I'm not playing, I'm listening, or thinking of new licks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

At the moment it is. I have a newborn and a 2 yr old at home and they prevent me from getting out much. Guitar and working on them is something I can do at home for a bit at night so it's my big outlet.

My other major interests are flyfishing, rodbuilding, fly tying, and surfing.

Music is always a part of those activities too, so in a way it is the biggest.

Lou

• Members

As far as "things I do besides work," yes, definitely. It's not my full time job (I'm a software developer), and with my first baby arriving last year I'm lucky to get half an hour a day to practice. I used to do a lot of gigs, but I just don't have time anymore. Baby and family comes first, work comes second, music comes third.

Besides music I spend too much time playing old video games, and I try to read a lot.