Is music your biggest thing?

realtree71

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I 'participate' in making guitar music more often than any other activity I currently do, but thats probably because It's convenient more than anything else, I'm at home a lot, and have a little room with about six guitars hanging in it so it's always 'right there'.

As far as my 'biggest interest' though, it may be a distant third or even fourth to things I would rather be involved in if there was the money to do them.

When it gets down to it, music just isn't that big of a deal to me. My wife and I drove from Rapid City, SD. to Chattanooga last spring...and we never turned the radio on once, or put in a CD all the way there, or all the way back.

• Members

As far as hobbies yes Music. I've been trying to do it the longest and I'm the most serious about it (when it comes to hobbies).

I used to do a lot of scuba and was heavily into underwater photography...what I'm going to do with +1000 slides and a film camera/housing setup is still a mystery in this day of digital everything.

And I used to fence sabre which was a ton of fun and a great workout but both have been essentially dropped due to lack of people to do it with and time. Guitar I can play every night if only for a few hours, these other hobbies required a more significant time period of dedication

• Members
Music is my main thing... all of my friends and family know that music means more to me than anything (except, ofcourse, my girlfriend... "Awwwwww!").
But ever since I picked up a guitar some years ago, I have enjoyed every second of playing it.
:thu:

Really? Cause I know I felt like smashing the {censored} out of my acoustic more than a few times when I was learning :lol:

• Members

For me?

Music is a huge one but I'm also a cyclist.

I've got a road racing bike, a dual boinger MTB, a recumbent and a commuter.

I wish I could ride more but it seems that things conspire to stop that being a major part of things.

I also do a lot of computer related things since that's my day job.

Music also covers a very broad swath of listening, playing, recording, mixing etc.

• Members

no... wish it was! I spend a lot of my time illustrating.

edpf.jpg

Wow! :love:

Super!! J'aime beaucoup!!

I knew Zenbu could draw very well but didn't know for you!!

-----------------------------

Music is not my biggest thing but I'm passionate about it!

I'm never going to be a terrific player but I enjoy playing guitar and I enjoy electronic gears, computers, etc.

I also really like to learn English with all of you! I would like to add a third language too (probabbly spanish). I like to read, compose, so my biggest thing would probably be language, implying my ability to compose - in my native language - and my imagination. (Friends used to say that I don't need to smoke... though they do to understand me!) :confused:

• Members

At one time, music was the ONLY thing. That changed about 12 years ago, once I came to grips with the fact that I had a daughter and had to make sure things were okay for her.

Still, it's the biggest thing other than family and family responsibilities. I've also let some other interests creep in, mostly motorcycling.