Is music your biggest thing?

realtree71

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Not biggest. Other things I count myself as other than guitarist include (but are not limited to): flyfisherman, hiker, backpacker, camper, shooter, hunter, photographer, filmmaker, cinematographer*, draughtsman, painter, gardener, dog trainer, cyclist, miniature gamer, chess player.

*This is both my job and my greatest passion. I feel lucky to be able to count them one and the same.

• Members

Not biggest. Other things I count myself as other than guitarist include (but are not limited to): flyfisherman, hiker, backpacker, camper, shooter, hunter, photographer, filmmaker, cinematographer*, draughtsman, painter, gardener, dog trainer, cyclist, miniature gamer, chess player.

*This is both my job and my greatest passion. I feel lucky to be able to count them one and the same.

Might i ask where you went to film school? I want to be a cinematographer, as well.

• Members

Might i ask where you went to film school? I want to be a cinematographer, as well.

I went to RIT in Rochester, NY. I live in LA now and work primarily as a focus puller (at the moment, always moving up!), but also to lesser degrees as a camera operator and cinematographer.

Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions.

• Members

what kinda of cycling you do? I've got a roadie, a tri, and an off roadie....

I'm assuming you were talking bicycling right?

• Members

what kinda of cycling you do? I've got a roadie, a tri, and an off roadie....

I'm assuming you were talking bicycling right?

Off road mostly, nothing all that technical. I'm one of the lucky few in the Los Angeles area to be minutes from some nice mountain trails.

• Members

My day job is my main thing - I need to pay the mortgage and buy dog food. I also put a lot of time and effort into a meditation group I'm associated with. But I would find it easier to walk away from that, then to walk away from music - even though I am not a paid musician now. I still get a lot of joy, and release from music.

- w

• Members

i need to be playing music professionally (and i don't mean superstar status) i have almost 0 bills so i'd just be happy with touring my ass off and playing every night.. but i live in BFE and don't know anyone to get any further from here.

i guess its time to pack up and move somewhere else.

• Members

It's up there for me. I've always wanted to keep it a hobby and never be a pro - but I spend a lot of time both playing (and looking at gear) and it. A great lazy Sunday is playing and forum browsing for me.

Otherwise, I'm a pretty big skier (raced collegiately), want to get into road biking this summer, day job as an analyst on an investment fund covering the power & energy industry which is something I find interesting as well.