Probably a repost, but GFS have the effects pedals up...

rakester

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Does anyone know why when I click the soundclips, my Windows Media Player just freezes as if it's just forever loading and never actually plays the clip?

I want to hear that compressor!!

Same here.I had to shut off my computer,as everything was frozen for over 20 minutes.

:cop:

Ed

• Members

The Black Metal pedal sounded like crap. It's no more a metal pedal than saying a Boss Overdrive gives the best Death Metal sound. This has a more generic sound than the crappy Rocktek Metal Worker pedal a friend gave me as a partial payment of a debt he owed me back in 1988.

The $15 Dano Metal Pedal sounds more appropriately named than the GFS one. The Metal Muff, Rocktron Zombie/Metal Planet/Rampage/Black Jack, Boss Mega Distortion/Metal Zone/Metal Core all embarass this pedal (based on the tired blue licks in the sound clip).

• Members

The Black Metal pedal sounded like crap. It's no more a metal pedal than saying a Boss Overdrive gives the best Death Metal sound.

I had the same opinion.

The Tube Screamer clone sounded heavier.

The BM sounded like Kirk Hammett's thin, limp sound on ....And Justice For All.

However, the rest of the pedals sounded pretty good! :thu:

• Members

I thought the metal pedal sounded like ass (but I think all metal pedals sound like ass...so, nothing new there) but I'm going to buy a Greenie Classic as soon as I get paid. I liked what I heard in the sound clips and I've been planning on getting a tube-screamer like pedal to use to throw a little dirt on the clean channel and to boost my overdriven tone.

• Members

Sweet!!

All of our GFS Effects Pedals feature

True Bypass Circuitry

Purely Analog Circuitry

Heavy Duty Steel Construction

Thick Glass-Fibre Circuit Boards

Heavy Duty Footswitch

German-Made Capcitors

Vintage Style Pointer Knobs

Designed in USA

• Members

Yeah finally we have these up.

Yes while we are obviously using a fairly well known production facility to make these- I think you'll find the changes we have made to the circuitry...and the resulting sound...are remarkable improvements. In some cases we've changed almost everything about the original design.

No reinventing the wheel here-We've done a lot of design work here and had the factory make the pedals exactly to our spec- and to match the sound we're looking for.

The Delay pedal is analog, not digital.

I know some of the MP3 clips are not the best- we just wanted to get a quick representation of what they do online for people to decide- we'll have our new studio together in a few weeks and then we'll do all new videos to show what these do best.

Gotta get a better clip of that Black Hammer- it's realy a great sounding pedal.

Jay

Archived