Probably a repost, but GFS have the effects pedals up...

rakester

• Members

I think it's pretty damned good- Tuners are hard cause there are like 35 different tuner makers in Korea and China- and 33 of them are horrible...

I've wanted this factory to make these for us for a few years- but their minimum order was always too high.. so finally we saved our pennies to get them to work with us. So up against my korg tuners i think all of these function pretty similarly- which you cannot say about the cheap ebay stuff.

jay

my Korg DT-10 is +/- 1 cent. BOSS is just now upgrading from the TU-2, (which was +/- 3 cents), to the TU-3 which rivals the Korg. if you can be in there, and have a good display, i think you'll sell boatloads of them.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

my Korg DT-10 is +/- 1 cent. BOSS is just now upgrading from the TU-2, (which was +/- 3 cents), to the TU-3 which rivals the Korg. if you can be in there, and have a good display, i think you'll sell boatloads of them.

Yeah you're exactly right- Accuracy on this is + - 1 Cent...

Jay

• Members

Well that's sort of like asking if a Zendrive has the same internals as a TS-9-

I mean...we're all working off a common theme here- that some of the late 70's to early 80's pedals sounded really good. So we spoke with every single manufacturer out there.....

Like who? 'Every single manufacturer' is a pretty big statement.

So even though these cost us far more to produce than the stock pedals from this manufacturer, we've priced them at or below the prices you'd pay on ebay- which for me is a win-win.

So is that a suggestion that your profit margin is really small?

• Members
this. +-1 cent is huge.

The older Boss tuners were what - +/- 3 cents - and they were almost universal at one time, without anyone complaining about how inaccurate they were. The Pitchblack that everyone ditched their tuner pedals to rush out and buy last year is +/-1 cent, and works darn well (I picked up one slightly used this year ;))

+/- 1 cent is tiny, and completely fine in a band context. The only place you might wish for better accuracy is in a studio or when doing a very precise set up, and even then I doubt you'd need it.

• Members

Like who? 'Every single manufacturer' is a pretty big statement.

So is that a suggestion that your profit margin is really small?

We did speak to every manufacturer who could do contract manufacture for us tha could get us in teh neighborhood of a $50 pedal of reasonable quality.

Our margin on these is definitely not great- lots invested- And I know for footpedal purists this is just another cheapo knockoff- but for lots of guys these are within budget and will sound great to them.

Jay

• Members

No one should underestimate how good an inexpensive pedal can sound. The Dano lineup is an example. As are ModTones. I have a Dyno Drive which is outstanding...even compared to the Xotic BB Plus I also own. Some pedals cost what they do because the market will pay it...and some are priced in the stratosphere just to create a image of being better.

People are swayed so much by price, with the idea that if it costs more it just HAS to be better. Alot of people have made ALOT of money preying on that attitude.

• Members

No one should underestimate how good an inexpensive pedal can sound. The Dano lineup is an example. As are ModTones. I have a Dyno Drive which is outstanding...even compared to the Xotic BB Plus I also own. Some pedals cost what they do because the market will pay it...and some are priced in the stratosphere just to create a image of being better.

People are swayed so much by price, with the idea that if it costs more it just HAS to be better. Alot of people have made ALOT of money preying on that attitude.

there's a reason why though. the guys who first started building clones were doing them one at a time. so, just like a custom built guitar, you were paying for the right components and the build done right. Way Huge, Fulltone, and Analogman all made their names from clones and tweaks, building them one at a time. but now that they've blazed the trail, the big manufacturers building in China are catching up to them. that Jay can tap into that is huge.

• Members

I find it weird how someone like Jay will get so much flack when he's bringing great value products to the market, and doing his own design work rather than just directly ripping off other makers. Sure they won't have the uniqueness of a hand painted pedal, but you're not getting bent over the barrel on pricing for that pretty paint either.

• Members
but now that they've blazed the trail, the big manufacturers building in China are catching up to them. that Jay can tap into that is huge.

and thank god for that, because some of us don't have an extra $150 lying around for pedals. I've been waiting for these pedals to come out. Im a college student, currently unemployed, gigging as my only source of income. My rent is $200 a month. The price point on these is right. My girlfriend is getting me a delay for christmas and i'll probably pick up another if I can get any work over the semester break :D

• Members
+100. Unlike HCFX alot of the guys here don't have a huge effects budget.
:wave:

YEah but so many of those clowns have questionable amps with a {censored} ton of pedals.

I'd rather get my tone from the amp and have a couple decent pedals. But I guess YMMV.

• Members

I'm glad Jay put these pedals out when he did. I was trying to find a cheaper pedal that my wife could buy me for Christmas, and these things hit the price point I was looking for.

From the clips I'm expecting them to sound pretty bitchin to boot.

• Members
I find it weird how someone like Jay will get so much flack when he's bringing great value products to the market, and doing his own design work rather than just directly ripping off other makers. Sure they won't have the uniqueness of a hand painted pedal, but you're not getting bent over the barrel on pricing for that pretty paint either.

tumblr_koji4tzdjF1qzon5ko1_500.gif

Archived