So as A guitar player....who's your fav bass player?

sdgails

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nathan East - Played with Anita Baker and Clapton (later years)

Normally I would have said Entwistle because he was so damn good AND was in the greatest rock band of all time...:poke: but Nathan East just rules.

Also really like Mike Gordon from Phish

Speaking of Bass players, I saw Les Claypool at the Rothbury music festival last summer. I hated it. I guess I was expecting something more like Primus but it was him, a drummer, a guy playing some big xylophone thing, a cello player and maybe a keyboard player. They were all wearing tuxedos and playing really weird {censored}. After about 3 songs I thought 'Okay I get it. You're Les Claypool and you're so good you don't even have to be musical anymore'

• Members

Sir Paul McCartney, Paul Chambers,
Willie Dixon
, John Enwistle

Good call!

*beeyatch, I was just about to post that*

... for his work on all those great Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf and Sonny Boy Williamson tracks -- not to mention the CHUCK BERRY sessions from which so many players learned their first rock chops...

And he was a pretty useful songwriter, arranger and producer, as well.

• Members

Flea obviously, growing up I thought he was just a wacky idiot, but his style is just epic... He's unappreciated for his pure musical talent thought. His god given understanding of music is unreal...

Stefan Lessard of DMB, he actually made me want to pick up a bass and start playing it.

Third, probably just because I have been listening to them lately but the kid from Kings of Leon plays a mean bass... Not ground breaking but still super fun to single out in the mix...

Archived