Based on skill, __________ should not have a signature guitar.

metronumb

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Didn't read this thread but it pops up about every 6 months. A signature guitar is not an award of an achievement. It's a way for a guitar company to market a guitar for a target audience. Nothing more, nothing less. The very notion that it is, or should be some kind of congratulatory award is juvenile at best idiotic at worst.

• Members
Didn't read this thread but it pops up about every 6 months. A signature guitar is not an award of an achievement. It's a way for a guitar company to market a guitar for a target audience. Nothing more, nothing less. The very notion that it is, or should be some kind of congratulatory award is juvenile at best idiotic at worst.

True enough.

Which is why there are several Spongebob models, we all know that yellow bastard can't play for {censored}.

:thu:

• Members

Quite the bashing thread you have here. Instead of something to praise the unappreciated players that don't get enough attention, let's just pick on people that we don't like. Let's pick great players that need more exposure...

How bout a Dickie Betts Les Paul

John Cipollina SG

Now this kind of list gets people thinking in a good way

DON'T HATE - DEBATE

Yah. How about an Andy Gill Strat? Basically a Strat without the neck pickup. He probably wouldn't be into it, though.

• Members

KURT COBAIN

oh yes I did

• Members

yeah but he's been a player since he was twelve and he helped design the thing as he apparently wanted some features of a les paul mixed with a 335. There's and interview with him and he's pretty humble about the whole thing.

It's a CS-336 with an ebony fretboard and different inlays.

• Members

It's a CS-336 with an ebony fretboard and different inlays.

See...Gibson would have NEVER thought of that without Donald's son.

Like others said...it was gibson who approached him with the offer, and he's been humble about it. What's he going to do, say "no sorry I can't cause some snobs on HCEG will think I'm a wanker for doing allowing you to attach my name to this product"..?

• Members

I would like a Martin Andy Griffith model (thanks, csm). And I am waiting for a Jose Cuervo strat to come out... maybe a Mc Donalds tele? If anyone deserves his name on the guitar, it is Les Paul. After all, he invented it!

One thing must be remembered: guitar companies (like any others) are there to MAKE MONEY. If some are so dumb as to buy it (and pay extra for features that don't cost them anything extra) just to get a signature, well.....

If you got the money honey, I've got the guitar....

Archived