NGD Squier Classic Vibe 50's Telecaster

idhindsight

• Members

The "NGD" was last week but just now getting around to posting pics ...

4372490211_5b07cded63_o_d.jpg

4372490433_1b1289034e_o_d.jpg

4373244136_c04779247a_o_d.jpg

She's my first telecaster, and the first time I've played a Fender-like guitar since 94 or so.

For good measure, here's some of her with the family (1996 Rickenbacker 360, 2003 Schecter S1 Blackjack)

4373257012_683950cf92_o_d.jpg

4372511971_de368383cf_o_d.jpg

So far, it's everything I expected. Believe the hype about this CV line. Fit & finish is astounding. I'd place it between the Schecter and the Rickenbacker in terms of finish, honestly, and the Schecter was like $899 msrp. Not bad for a $350 guitar.

Down the line I will probably try some other pickups and a thinner pick guard, because, well, it's a telecaster, and that's what you do.

• Members

Very nice, sweet grain on the wood there. Looks like a nice collection there, too. Since I got my CV Tele "Custom" last month, my other guitars are suffering from some serious neglect.

Thanks. I love that I could pick out which specific model I wanted on Sweetwater's website; that one had the most aggressive grain. I love it.

I was gassing pretty hard for a CV Custom but they're sold out all over the damn place til May. GAS couldn't wait. Oh well, this one sort of fits into this little monochromatic theme I've got going :p

• Members

Congrats! I love the color and the wood grain on that.

I've heard a lot of great things about the Squier CV Teles.

I got my first tele about a month ago and it's amazing. I'm mainly a Les Paul guy but I've been freakin' out about how awesome Teles are!

I hope you're able to enjoy that guitar for many, many years to come. :)

• Members

What are the necks like on those? Are they 50s (baseball bat-thick) or modern?

The neck is lovely. It's slimmer than the Schecter which is a touch slimmer than an LP/Louisville Slugger but I wouldn't call it thin. It's certainly thicker than the Rickenbacker (that, of course, isn't saying much).

I'm sorta big (tall) and I have hands like an ape and it feels "just right" to me. :idk:

• Members

What are the necks like on those? Are they 50s (baseball bat-thick) or modern?

It feels like they made it by using the bottom 90% of a regular modern C shaped neck. I've had my CV Tele for a while and have come to the conclusion I'll never gel with this neck. My hands (large, but not huge) always feel cramped in chording and the string spacing is too tight for me also. :cry:

• Members

It's amazing how "white" the CV50s often photograph. The true white of the Ric pickguard in those photos offers a better perspective. Still I wish the CV50s finish was a bit closer to Fender's classic 307 blonde. Perhaps they'll age more in that direction . . .

Archived