Which Pickguard color goes best with a Red Tele?

yz250f49

• Members

Thanks for the replys. In all fairness, the mint one was photoshop enhanced because the actual pic hardly showed any green at all. It really didn't come out as I expected it to. My son did it for me.

The mint may go better with strat configuration since you can contrast the cream pickup covers against it. Still, I would like to see one in person on a tele. Same goes for the black pearl, I'd like to see one in person first.

Like most that voted, I'm partial to the white pearloid, but looking at the all black one does make me consider it as well.

• Members

Ok, you guys got me convinced. I like the black P/G as well as the White Pearloid. Since the stock P/G on the tele is cracked, I decided to go ahead and paint it with some Satin Black Fusion until purchase a new P/G for it. I may just buy both a black and a white pearl one anyway.

Also while I had it apart today, I made a graph-tech nut for it from a blank I had laying around. I may have to make a few adjustments to the nut in the next day or two since I'm no expert.

Here it is, I think it looks pretty good.

(pardon the cam phone pics)

Before:

RedTele1.jpg

RedTele11.jpg

RedTele22.jpg

Archived