NAD! It's all Vibro Champy!!

ten56gibby

• Members

Went in to the kickass little bitty local shop looking for a little tube amp to just put a multi-effects in front of to have some fun. Looking for portable awesome. Plugged into the Vibro Champ XD... found it :cool:

$199. Now I just gotta get off work and get this thing home! Pics and perhaps clips to come later :rawk:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good Choice. I got one a few moths ago and am pretty happy with it. I replaced the stock speaker with a Weber ALnico and put a JJ preamp tube in although it sounded good stock it was a cheap upgrade. .and now it sounds even better. for $200 bedroom amp this thing kicks ass IMO.

• Members

Congrats Gibby!

I'm really tempted by those but I already have a GDEC-Jr and the Blackstar so it seems kinda dumb to get ANOTHER small amp.

IMO it's better to have more amps than guitars. I bet that champ does something your others don't. Go for it. :D

• Members

My DA5 covers all my itty bitty amp needs, but if I didn't have it and wanted something a little bigger, the Vibro Champ XD would be at the very top of my list.

I wonder if there's enough room on the baffle and clearance to squeeze a 10" speaker in there.

• Members

I'll check and see it would be at all possible for a 10" in there, Cratz.

I'm still not believing the value here. Low wattage tube power. Built in effects. And I'm probably a lot more excited about the 4 ohm speaker out on this than I should be.

4406823573_29b2d714b4.jpg

4407588150_9d509bf066.jpg

• Members

HNVCD

The line out is nice to have. I run my SC to my computer with it. I can also run the line out into another amp with that amp into my 1x12 cab. That way I still have the SC speaker working. That can really rock the house.

• Members

True that: more amps > more guitars = better.

This is what's going on right now. Mason Tele 2 through Vibro Champ through 1960a with G12T-75s. Sounds good!

(cellphone camera is all I got)

4407107599_559c090e18.jpg

THANKS for all the congrats, btw!!!

Archived