NAD! It's all Vibro Champy!!

ten56gibby

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Congrats on the VCXD! I picked one up a few weeks ago. Put a Jensen C8R in it along with a nice RCA gray glass 6V6 and a Tungsram 12AX7. Can't believe the great tones coming from this little deal. I gig mine miced and it sounds perfect!

I'll give a listen to the vid right now :D

• Members

Fantastic vid, gibby! Man oh man, on the overdriven stuff the external cab sounds great! It's still noticeable on the clean voicings but not as much of a difference. I play mostly cleanish sounds so I've always been happy with the internal speaker sound.

I'll have to get my big 2x10 cab hooked up again. It just happens to be a 4 ohm cab, too :D

• Members

congrats man... great work on the vid too... you're definitely one of my favourite guitar players here
:thu:

+1

Gibby is teh epic, eh is cool and does not afraid of anythign

• Members

Finally, a Vibro Champ XD thread.
I got into a Super Champ XD after discovering the mega thread on a forum, gearpage, I think. I put a Jan Phillips 5751 in the preamp and a Ragin' Cajun in it, like so many others and it rocks.
Well, I had a Vox DA5 and used to love it for a little practice amp and even jammed with an electronic, amped drumset and bass and it did great.
After a while the DA5 started sounding, well, small. Duh, it was small with great reverb and delay, but I had a chance to trade it for a Vibro Champ XD and jumped on it. Loving it so far.
I am now cruising speaker upgrades and will probably put one of several JJ's I have lying around in the preamp.
I am sold on these two small Fender amps. What a pair. Not a booby pair, but hey....
Please post more upgraded speaker suggestions!
Thanks.

Slackerprince

• Members

Thanks, cooper!

And to you too, Trevan. I'll definitely be online tonight. You picking up Battlefield: Bad Company 2? I'm picking it up today, but I'll get on MW2 for a bit ya if you don't have it

haha Nice! I wish but I am a poor son of a gun. Although, I did have the first one. Believe me, you will want to get back on to MW2 after you play it for an hour or so. It's very different from cod. Big maps, lots of running, sniping, etc.

But yeah, throw me a text and I will jump on my friend. Again, congrats on the killer NAD!

Archived