man it sucks to realize your playing is complete crap

CarmenJuandeago

• Members

so recently i realized i was letting way too much noise occur when playing with gain and bending and so on....

somehow it just never bothered me before

but at the same time either my ears are crazy... or hendrix isnt muting those first 3 bends in "red house"

[YOUTUBE]IbqchLSjAaI[/YOUTUBE]

i can distinctly hear the 10th fret d string ringing out a bit (eb tuning)

so the thing is... should i practice {censored} over again to ensure i dont hear ANY string noise whatsoever or just accept that a little bit of noise is like impossible to get rid of

• Members

i can distinctly hear the 10th fret d string ringing out a bit (eb tuning)

so the thing is... should i practice {censored} over again to ensure i dont hear ANY string noise whatsoever or just accept that a little bit of noise is like impossible to get rid of

depends on what you're trying to accomplish. If you want clean jazz and classical style stuff where flawless technique is required then yeah, practice that {censored}. Otherwise, rock n roll is rock n roll. Personally I describe my playing as controlled slop and I'm ok with that.

• Members

If you practice crap 99 times, when it comes time to execute it properly you will play crap. You don't rise to an occasion you default to training and muscle memory.

Playing cleanly is key for being good, hitting the notes you want when you want them, it's all about control.

• Members
Recognizing your mistakes only means that you're listening to them. That's not a bad thing.

Keep practicing. Admitting you have a problem is the first step.
:lol:
Good technique is a bitch and requires much boring practice. Totally worth it.

EG

True dat.

• Members

...so the thing is... should i practice {censored} over again to ensure i dont hear ANY string noise whatsoever or just accept that a little bit of noise is like impossible to get rid of

I never mute. A little string noise never hurt anyone. I kinda really dig all the noise between the notes sometimes. Sometimes... :idk:

• Members

I don't worry about not being a super player, I just jam and have some fun. Rhythm is more important than lead in the big picture.

I have five guitars and five amps. I have a PA/Mixer set up in my livingroom. I have a Yamaha keyboard for background thumps.

I grab a guitar and plug it into an amp. I turn on the mic. I get some background tracks playing.

I play and I sing. Loud. Occasionally with a friend. No one will every confuse me with a professional musician. But I have fun.

• Members

It depends on what you want. If those bum notes really bother you then you work to get rid of them or at least minimize them. I'd be willing to bet it wouldn't take a huge change in your technique. Just refinement.

Yes. I actually prefer a little slop when I play.....a LITTLE. Right now it's just too much.

• Members

I have played like crap from day one. Just over time I have become pretty damm good at crappy playing. Good enough you can recognize what I am playing but crappy enough to where a player that knows a song would put their fingers in their ears or go searching for circuit breakers.:rawk::rawk::rawk:

Archived