GFS LP kit for Zemmy - gonna have tons of pics

newbuilder

• Members
ahhh, well thats not bad at all. a heck of alot of shims, but otherwise seems fine. all this drama for nothing
:)

the "beofre" pic with the dark shadow was scary. made it look much worse than it was.

agreed. as long as the shims are good and solid that neck should be fine and looks tremendously better from the exterior view

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not to do away with the OPs thread, but here is another GFS LP build thread.

theres some finishing lessons in that thread im sure!

the back is curious. it seems to take the stain very well in certain spots making a very nice grain pattern. but in other areas - perhaps from filler or poor sanding or maybe just the wood - its really nasty.

• Members

the back is curious. it seems to take the stain very well in certain spots making a very nice grain pattern. but in other areas - perhaps from filler or poor sanding or maybe just the wood - its really nasty.

I sort of got the impression that the OP has more experience than the author of the other thread.

That being said, not sure if I would want to tackle a lp kit! The tele kit looks really interesting though.

• Members

I sort of got the impression that the OP has more experience than the author of the other thread.

That being said, not sure if I would want to tackle a lp kit! The tele kit looks really interesting though.

hehe. well dyeing or staining unknown woods is a challenge for even the most experienced builder. you never know how a new wood type will take the stain. with a scratch build, you usually have blocks of leftover testing woods which helps.

• Members

i thought the body looked ok front and back, it was the neck that was all {censored}ed up to me... :freak:

• Members

agreed. as long as the shims are good and solid that neck should be fine and looks tremendously better from the exterior view

It's super tight on the inside as well, perfect contact on the side and bottom and tight against the shims.

• Members

I will be checking that thread at work, thanks.

That is cool. Zemmy wants the headstock cut like a pair of horns and Purple Passion as the waterslide. Yours is awsome.

Don't give me too much credit this is my first set neck and dye project, so I am looking at all other build threads to watch other people {censored} up so I know where to watch out. Guitar Noobie gets mad props for having a posted thread for his grizzly kit, helps me with the dying. As far as the neck goes. bolt or set neck, you gotta fit it tight.

I love the fretboard, uber classy.

Where is the grizzly build thread?

Archived