GFS LP kit for Zemmy - gonna have tons of pics

newbuilder

• Members
Adding saturation in a photo editor made the binding show up nicely
;)

here's a heavily saturated new photo for the old eyes on the forum...
:lol:

yhst.jpg

i could see it in the original picture. but the saturated picture is a tad hard to see on my end. and i'm 21. :lol:

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am just coming in from vacation, I haven't done anything for a week.

This is the stain that I bought for the back of the guitar and neck. I think dirty blond is going to rock.

Yeah the neck pocket is weird, i need to do a shim and nock a couple of spots down so the neck feels tight in the pocket and it's solidly glued in.

020-2.jpg

• Members

are you planning on building it first before any finish work to ensure playability, etc ? I would highly recommend it !!!

Also, how do plan to measure out and drill the bridge and stop tail holes?

i am about to buy this same kit within the next month. i look forward to your progress.

:wave:

• Members

Absolutely on the build it first.

I am going to get to some time I hope this week to really stick it together. I want to cut the headstock first while the neck is off but that's it.

We are putting all new {censored} on this one. Zemmy ordered some BG's for it and we are putting new hardware and tuners as well.

I haven't measured the scale yet, but I will and drill press the grommets pretty soon. And I will indeed post all.

• Members

Absolutely on the build it first.

I am going to get to some time I hope this week to really stick it together. I want to cut the headstock first while the neck is off but that's it.

We are putting all new {censored} on this one. Zemmy ordered some BG's for it and we are putting new hardware and tuners as well.

I haven't measured the scale yet, but I will and drill press the grommets pretty soon. And I will indeed post all.

excellent, when i build one i will replace pups and electronics. i will see how the hardware is before blowing it off, but that may be replaced as well..

i will need to buy a drill press for this project and have wanted one for some time so here's my excuse...

• Members
still does...current delay is my fault...we're waitin on stain to come in

i'm a rookie what can i say?

so construction of the guitar has already occurred. newbuilder said he would construct and play it before starting to do the finish work...

where's the pics of the build then :idk:

:wave:

• Members

I wanted to let everyone know that we are waiting on supplies, so this is going to be a slow thread. But in the not too distant future we will be moving forward with tons of pics. I would say in the next week or two.

Sorry and thanks for staying enthused, It will be a fun thread once it's said and done.

Archived