GFS LP kit for Zemmy - gonna have tons of pics

newbuilder

• Members

Zemmy and I have been palling around in that horrible OMG copy thread since he got to the forum. He has a really un-natural addiction to LP style guitars and won't stop buying them. So, he mentioned getting a kit and I mentioned that I would build and finish it free if he paid shipping and bought a kit. This gives me a chance to keep working on my finishing and set up skills. It also, worse case scenario, looks like even if I do a "meh" job it will be a cool guitar.

I am pretty happy about the quality so far. For the price it is a great little kit, it even comes with sandpaper (one small piece), strings, and a couple of inches of solder.

I will post my pics of the kit after I eat some dinner.:wave:

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Now I can finally go to your house and steal your gear
:cop:
. Anyway, nice looking veneer on that thing.

Not bad at all. I will be working on this while working and fathering and husbanding, so it may be a slow thread, but I will post pics and progress as I go.

• Members

Mate, I only point this out of concern but I suggest you remove your address from the photo especially if you have kids around. You don't know what sick perverts are floating around on the internet.

Also It's a set neck?

Yeah I mean seriously, now I know where you live NB, and that isn't a good idea.

• Members
003-12.jpg

Hmmmm, you adopted one of Chaim Witz's children? ;)

Hehe j/k, I love family pics, very cool!

And... looking forward to see what this body looks like with the finish on it. Looks like it will be a beaut! :thu:

(and thanks for sharing these pics, I love seeing builds!)

Archived