GFS LP kit for Zemmy - gonna have tons of pics

newbuilder

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
it's looking good to me...
:thu:
not sure how easy it's gonna get the purple your looking for, but the blue looks good...

Didn't HC member nevermind tell you the dye wouldn't bother the binding
:confused:

the dye doesnt absorb deep into the binding, so it scrapes off easily. this is how gibsons does it with both paint and stains. gibson aparently uses alcohol dyes though, not water.

• Members
the dye doesnt absorb deep into the binding, so it scrapes off easily. this is how gibsons does it with both paint and stains. gibson aparently uses alcohol dyes though, not water.

I am hopefull that will work.

Thanks by the way both of you for your input so far.:wave::wave:

• Members
The first one looks like the head of the demon on the Dio cover art from Holy Diver... Cool for this project. Sure you don't want this guitar white with a blood splatter finish?

holydiversm.jpg

excellent backup plan if the stain work turns south:thu:

• Members
when you gonna sand that back and apply the next color?

How about; It's purple right now.

{censored} is all I have to say about this dye {censored}. I have drips and binding out the ass to fix.

Oh well, what's a party with no cleanup, not a party.

It's so {censored}ing purple right now, I don't know what else to say. I think China may be a touch on the purple side by now. I made about a gallon of purple {censored} that I could make 2 gallons out of.

Think if Barney and Grimoss could reproduce, kind of purple.

I might sand it again and go lighter next time to fill some spots, it's kinda dark right now. I am not sure what the dry color is, but it's pretty.

001-16.jpg
001-16.jpg
003-14.jpg
004-11.jpg
005-9.jpg

Archived