GFS LP kit for Zemmy - gonna have tons of pics

newbuilder

• Members

Given the way it shifts from blue to purple, that's going to be quite striking, I think when you start dumping clear on it & everything comes to life.

I am hoping that is what happens. I am starting to really dig it. I talked to Zemmy the other night and he said he likes it if I like it, and then I started to look at it differently.

How are you this morning?

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am hoping that is what happens. I am starting to really dig it. I talked to Zemmy the other night and he said he likes it if I like it, and then I started to look at it differently.

How are you this morning?

I'm doing great.

Had some friends over last evening & they brought a big dish of state of the art beef stroganoff...whipped up a big salad...pigged out...not hungry yet today:lol:

• Members

I'm doing great.

Had some friends over last evening & they brought a big dish of state of the art beef stroganoff...whipped up a big salad...pigged out...not hungry yet today:lol:

I am intrigued by this "state of the art beef stroganoff".

Sounds good. I did nothing exciting last night. Came home took a nap for an hour. Got up and ate a meatloaf sandwich from the wifes meatloaf on a great Wheat Berry bread. Got stoned with my wife, played back gammon, and watched an eppisode of Dexter. If you haven't seen Dexter, he is a serial killer that works for the police and only kills other killers, I love it.

Every other Friday (next Friday which is also my 35th birthday) is our jam night. We have some folks over and me and my brother usually record some of it on his Mac.

• Members
I am intrigued by this "state of the art beef stroganoff".

Sounds good. I did nothing exciting last night. Came home took a nap for an hour. Got up and ate a meatloaf sandwich from the wifes meatloaf on a great Wheat Berry bread. Got stoned with my wife, played back gammon, and watched an eppisode of Dexter. If you haven't seen Dexter, he is a serial killer that works for the police and only kills other killers, I love it.

Every other Friday (next Friday which is also my 35th birthday) is our jam night. We have some folks over and me and my brother usually record some of it on his Mac.

Have your wife find a recipe for the stroganoff...if you like good hearty home cooking you'll love it.
Meatloaf sandwitch makes it sound like she's good in the kitchen.

Happy birthday a couple days early...

"he turned 35 last friday
& in his hair he found some grey

& he still ain't changed his life style
likes things better the old way

so he grows a little garden
in the back yard by the fence

he's consuming what he's growin
now-a-days in self defence

he gets out there in the twilight zone
sometimes, when it just don't make no sense

He's an old hippy
& he don't know what to do

should he hang on to the old
should he get on with the new

just an old hippie
this new life's just a bust

he ain't tryin to change nobody
he's just tryin real hard to adjust"

A birthday serenade for you newbuilder!:cool:

• Members
Have your wife find a recipe for the stroganoff...if you like good hearty home cooking you'll love it.

Meatloaf sandwitch makes it sound like she's good in the kitchen.

Happy birthday a couple days early...

"he turned 35 last friday

& in his hair he found some grey

& he still ain't changed his life style

likes things better the old way

so he grows a little garden

in the back yard by the fence

he's consuming what he's growin

now-a-days in self defence

he gets out there in the twilight zone

sometimes, when it just don't make no sense

He's an old hippy

& he don't know what to do

should he hang on to the old

should he get on with the new

just an old hippie

this new life's just a bust

he ain't tryin to change nobody

he's just tryin real hard to adjust"

A birthday serenade for you newbuilder!
:cool:

That was absolutely awsome!

That is my idea of a real gift. Thank you.

• Members
Given the way it shifts from blue to purple, that's going to be quite striking, I think, when you start dumping clear on it & everything comes to life.

you're correct the clear is definitely bring out more of a 3-D look. :thu:

newbuilder, the blue and purple transitions look fantastic in my opinion...

what's up with the headstock? in one pic it looks like you have done something to it?

:wave:

• Members
you're correct the clear is definitely bring out more of a 3-D look.
:thu:

newbuilder, the blue and purple transitions look fantastic in my opinion...

what's up with the headstock? in one pic it looks like you have done something to it?

:wave:

Thanks on the color. I think you guys are right, some clear will really bring it out.

Haven't done the headstock yet. It will probably be on Monday that I drill the studds and cut the headstock. The sides of the headstock were already cut.

• Members
Lookin Sharp man!
:thu:

You as well on the shred lightning guitar.

I have done some work on the LP tonight, esp the top and binding. There are some trouble spots on the binding, but I am trying to work it out.

Here are some teasers from behind. When I show the top again it will be ready for viewing.

078-1.jpg
079.jpg
080.jpg

• Members

I never posted in this thread. :poke:

Hey be careful! That beast is gonna come to life when you get some clearcoat on.

A couple questions if I missed:

1. What solvent did you use for the dye mix? Water?

2. What type of clear were you going to top it with (if you decided)?

You may want to do a test piece to make sure the clear doesn't chemically react with the dye. I'd hate to see it turning pink or something. :freak: Also, FWIW, I once stained a guitar with a waterbased dye and found the dye to be delicate until it was clearcoated. It even reacted to sweat. :eek:

Archived