Why is Google Chrome Lightning Fast Compared to Firefox or Explorer?

guitarcapo

• Members

less bloated coding and fewer unnecessary "features" bogging it down.

It's my fave browser - the one I'm using right now to visit the forum - my biggest complaint though is the lack of organizational tools for bookmarks (no folders) but that's the same issue I have with Google's gmail and I use it too. It's snooping is unwelcome as well, but you can everything in it's incognito windows for increased privacy.

• Members

very streamlined... and webkit is fast anyways (the basis of its rendering engine) it also takes a different approach to rendering pages than FF or IE and as a result gets initial content on screen a bit faster giving it a somewhat false impression of speed. It also has a extremely optimized Javascript VM so things like banner ads metrics and dynamic content delivered over XMLHttpRequest and processing of that data and other like operations are very fast

long story short... streamlined architecture focused on speed... not extensibility, not security, not integration with the os etc...

• Members

less bloated coding and fewer unnecessary "features" bogging it down.

It's my fave browser - the one I'm using right now to visit the forum - my biggest complaint though is the lack of organizational tools for bookmarks (no folders) but that's the same issue I have with Google's gmail and I use it too. It's snooping is unwelcome as well, but you can everything in it's incognito windows for increased privacy.

SRware Iron fixes all of those problems

• Members

simple: Less features. Therefore it loads less things along with webpages. Therefore it takes less memory. And it also takes less processing power.

Its like... internet lite, for those who dont wanna do anything beyond browsing, and dont want to have easy-to-access menus. Quite ingenious actually. Its perfect for the simple internet user.

I on the other hand, am a WHORE for greasemonkey, 1clickyoutubedownloader, flashvideodownloader, skipscreen... and all those other fun utilities you can load into firefox.

• Members

you do know chrome has extensions now, right?

Doesn't have anywhere near as many as firefox, and 90% of the websites i visit are optimized for firefox... andddddddd i dunno... more script writers for firefox for the things i do?

Basically: if nobody knows that chrome has extensions, then it hasnt built up a userbase to make useful extensions for me. (Basically, i'm talking about greasemonkey).

• Members

It's supposedly stripped of the bloat found in so many other browsers. I primarily use Macs; the Chrome version for that platform is, unfortunately, still pretty bug-laden. So far the speed has kept me from going back to Safari - which is pretty fast in its own right - but if it keeps hanging up on so many pages I may give up until they come out with a proper functioning non-beta version. On Windows it has no competition; Firefox is a snail in comparison, and Explorer....well, no more needs to be said about Explorer.

Archived