Dumb question about guitar strap...

BryanMichael

• Members

Just going from what I've seen EVERY OTHER PLAYER do... Fat end goes on the upper horn, skinny strip end goes on the end of the guitar.

:idk:

Is this a parody thread or something?
:confused:

No- just curious. It feels better to me the other way around this time for some reason :eek: and wondered if maybe.... never mind.

• Members

Whatever works and feels good. I usually have the skinny end going to the back of the guitar with the wider part on the upper horn, but I have had a few that felt better the other way around of the threaded part was wanky for some reason.

• Members

Not a dumb question at all in my book! :)

The fat end usually has the logo/fancy stitching/pickholder etc so would USUALLY go on the front or top horn. The guitar often 'moves around' on its bottom strap button so the skinny end helps here.

There is no law about it that I am aware of, however!:cop:

(ps...I have wondered about this before myself ;))

• Members

Not a dumb question at all in my book!
:)

I agree that it is not a dumb question. It's only "dumb," if one is a sheep who follows the herd mindlessly. I, too, feel that the strap is more comfortable with the strap reversed from the way that it is commonly (as opposed to mandatorily) worn.

Admittedly, I wear my guitar a bit high, and that might be the difference, but when I wear a wider strap in the "regular way," it makes me feel claustrophobic.

Therefore, my answer would be that how one wears the strap depends on how high the guitarist wears the guitar and how wide the strap actually is.

• Members

This isn't a dumb question at all. I've seen it turned both ways, so there isn't really a correct way to do it. Wear it how you like it and forget what the idiots have to say about it. For the record, I wear the chunky end on the upper horn and the rat tail on the back..

Archived