Best Band of the Past Decade?

fabstrat

• Members

No one. There has been a lot of semi tolerable new bands/songs in the past 10 years but, nothing that motivates me to spend my money on an album. Call me old and grumpy but its my opinions and like all opinions they are like assholes everyone has one and they all stink.

You are old and grumpy.

:poke:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No one. There has been a lot of semi tolerable new bands/songs in the past 10 years but, nothing that motivates me to spend my money on an album. Call me old and grumpy but its my opinions and like all opinions they are like assholes everyone has one and they all stink.

You need to get out more. There's plenty of good music out there. You've just gotten lazy.

• Members

Every Little Thing has consumed my life since I got introduced to them back in 2000. Got a chance to even catch one of their shows when I lived in Japan. It was by far the best show I had ever seen.

• Members

Lots of choices.

Drive-By Truckers

The Black Keys

Wilco

The White Stripes

The Hold Steady

And on and on.

Ratatat

Spoon

Arcade Fire

The Shins

Death Cab for Cutie

So many good bands came out this past decade. I don't think anyone has mentiond Why? Yonif Wolf is a genius.

• Members

I must be mega old. I've only heard of a few of these bands and I have close to 1200 CDs. That doesn't even count all the stuff I have downloaded. I need to get out more.

Actually, you aren't missing that much... Most of the stuff listed here is pure and utter garbage. Best band of the last decade? I vote none. The puddle of mediocrity that is music in this century so far is heartbreaking.

Archived