Last night I got a little tipsy...

mutant_guitar

• Members

and connected with my guitar in a way I've never experienced before. It was almost religious. I played better than when I was sober, and was more into the music than I'd ever been before. It was intense and I was super accurate, and when I did make a mistake, it just didn't bother me like it usually does.

I had just the magical amount of alcohol to remove my inhibitions and insecurities, but not enough to slop up my playing. I realize now how much my insecurities about my playing hold me back. It was like pure magic.

I love alcohol. :love:

• Members
Sometimes getting alittle loose let's out how good you can be on an instinctive level. Just as long as you don't believe alcohol/whatever was the reason you were better.

I find a good nights sleep and doing something to get your blood pumping before playing is also effective, but beer is easier. :D

• Members

The more you "break the barrier" between your active brain and your fingers... the more you will have these breakthoughs.

Although a drink is a tool for doing this, it's not always reliable... especially if you are at all nervous about your playing situation.

But it's fun to "be in the zone"... next time, try recording for posterity!

M

Archived