Charvel thread.

charveldan

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Okay, I have a question had a Charvel I played, since this is a thread about Charvel. At the one music store I go to, they have a Charvel that has the same pickup arrangment, pickups, and bridge of the San Dimas. This one, tho, had a pointy headstock, a rosewood board, and a copper snakeskin finish. I don't see any Charvel's on Charvel's website like the one I played. It's selling for $1,600. Was it a Custom Shop Charvel or what?

• Members

When I was a little tyke in 1979, I saved up a bunch of money.

I was obsessed with EVH and my father drove me to San Demis. We met with Grover Jackson and his wife (who had nice, large breasts that were quite attractive).

I picked out my mahogany guitar body (I'd already purchased a Mighty Mite neck) and chose the tape sizes I wanted for the paint job.

I still have the guitar and it's still awesome. I'll post some photos tomorrow...

• Members
Okay, I have a question had a Charvel I played, since this is a thread about Charvel. At the one music store I go to, they have a Charvel that has the same pickup arrangment, pickups, and bridge of the San Dimas. This one, tho, had a pointy headstock, a rosewood board, and a copper snakeskin finish. I don't see any Charvel's on Charvel's website like the one I played. It's selling for $1,600. Was it a Custom Shop Charvel or what?

It very well could be a Custom, there were tons of them made, some Customs go for $2 to $3000.00 and up, they're on ebay everyday.:thu:

• Members

It very well could be a Custom, there were tons of them made, some Customs go for $2 to $3000.00 and up, they're on ebay everyday.
:thu:

Cool. That was one of the best neck I ever played. I think it might have had an ebony board, but I'm not sure. That guitar was perfect for lagato. It sustained for days, and the pickups were hot enough for anything I wanted to play.

• Members

Ah, another Model 88 man. Here's mine:

charvel2.jpg

Love the wood they used on these. Mine was a serious road warrior before I got it - the filled in black spot on the upper bout was a chip caused by a bullet! (The chainsaw case has the matching bullet hole)

charvel1.jpg