Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...
  • Members
Cousins005.jpg

Awesome USA Soloist!

Here's my green.

PICT0420.jpg

PICT0421.jpg

This is the Charvel Grover Jackson built for me in '79 after VH2 came out. I was obsessed with EVH and went down to San Dimas with my father to have him build me a new guitar.

He and his very attractive wife were nicer than you could imagine, but I was quite disappointed when I saw that their workshop was building a bunch of Eddie clones and I wasn't the only one.

Grover refused to allow a Charvel sticker on the guitar because I was using a Mighty Mite neck and (I think, at the time it was built) a Bad Ass bridge...

PICT0423-1.jpg

PICT0422.jpg

• Members
1982CHNoFlash.jpg
My '82 san dimas "Crossroads" clone, I became obsessed with that guitar the minute I saw it. It took many years to get this guitar the way I wanted it, but it is and it rips!

1-brandnewredcharvel.jpg

My '09 so-cal in Ferrari Red. I love this thing. It is played a LOT and sounds very nice. I've played out with it several times. Never a problem.:thu:

• Members
Is that a piece of cuff link as a string lock?

Quite possibly.

That guitar is about 30 years old. It has been jury rigged so many times I'm surprised it's still alive.

It was like the third guitar I ever owned and is the only one of those from the old days that I still have and won't get rid of for sentimental reasons...

• Members
Quite possibly.

That guitar is about 30 years old. It has been jury rigged so many times I'm surprised it's still alive.

It was like the third guitar I ever owned and is the only one of those from the old days that I still have and won't get rid of for sentimental reasons...

I only asked because I've done that in a pinch.

Solid brass and all.:thu:

• Members

DSCN1287.jpg

Model 6 I rescued and painted. Complete with kickass Kahler.

DSCN9674.jpg

750XL: Rare, but the neck's not my thing. The whole guitar's ok, but not my fave.

DSCN9775.jpg

Another Model 6.

I also have a Model 2 with pink strings and a Chrome Kent Armstrong pickup, and a Production Model So-Cal, which kicks SERIOUS ass, but no pictures of em.

• Members

i have a 1989 charvel 750xl that i purchased new. no pics as it's apart so i can repair the floyd - one of the string holder blocks broke so i ordered a whole new set from stewmac and i'm giving it a refurb :). this and my '85 san dimas jackson soloist have a couple of the finest necks you'd ever care to caress...

here's a picture of the catalog photo - http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/charvel-750xl-guitar.htm

• Members

also, here's one I found on ebay a while back - a custom shop model. I almost bought it (was priced great) but decided not to. A little too similar to my current charvels.

Its candy green w/ black anodized aluminum pickguard. Had some dimarzio D-Activator pickup set.

4541089867_e87bc81933_o.jpg

• Members

Crappy pic - and it's a Charvette, but IT COUNTS!! Don't be mean, even if I told you that around 1990 I traded a Gibson SG in spectacular shape in on this and still paid $250, I think. The rape that occurred notwithstanding, I did and still do love how this thing plays and sounds. Would love to add a real Charvel to my collection soon.

• Members

Before you asked, I was into pointy guitar, Floyd Rose, two handed tapping whammy bar divebombing and could only afford one guitar at a time back then. Besides, nobody cool, except maybe Angus or Tony Iommi played an SG back then. At the same time, Slash was singlehandedly reving the Gibson guitar company and taking rock and roll back from California guitar makers. So I caught the tail end of the wrong trend. As usual.

• Members
Before you asked, I was into pointy guitar, Floyd Rose, two handed tapping whammy bar divebombing and could only afford one guitar at a time back then. Besides, nobody cool, except maybe Angus or Tony Iommi played an SG back then. At the same time, Slash was singlehandedly reving the Gibson guitar company and taking rock and roll back from California guitar makers. So I caught the tail end of the wrong trend. As usual.

I can't fault you.

In 91, I was using a Model 6, and a Rhoads V.

Must have been ahead of the curve with the Laney AOR head, though.