N G(odin) D!!

Oldskool Texas

• Members

Thanks, guys!

EG, I haven't stopped playing it all day. I really think Godin knocked this one out of the park - just for grins, I spun the bridge wheels down to see what would happen if I gave it just silly low action. No fret buzz anywhere on the neck - and it's almost dead flat, with no relief. I doubt they PLEK these, but mine plays like they did.

Next, I put a little gain on the amp, and the thing flat-out screams. I was afraid it would sound too muddy with the neck P-90 only, but it's clear and bright -- definitely woody and hollow, but I sure don't miss having a bridge pickup. This may be the perfect blues guitar.

Holy crap. I feel like I stole it!

CIMG3918.jpg

• Members

Thanks, guys!

EG, I haven't stopped playing it all day. I really think Godin knocked this one out of the park - just for grins, I spun the bridge wheels down to see what would happen if I gave it just silly low action. No fret buzz anywhere on the neck - and it's almost dead flat, with no relief. I doubt they PLEK these, but mine plays like they did.

Next, I put a little gain on the amp, and the thing flat-out screams. I was afraid it would sound too muddy with the neck P-90 only, but it's clear and bright -- definitely woody and hollow, but I sure don't miss having a bridge pickup. This may be the perfect blues guitar.

CIMG3918.jpg

Agreed - I think I stole mine from Godin. It is perfect for the Blues. Can you say Mojo?

• Members
Thanks, guys!

CIMG3918.jpg

Sounds like a real winner, HNGD! :love:

• Members

I did the same to my bridge. Same result. Those guys know how to build a guitar.
...And mine will have a minibucker on it pretty quick. :D

Glad you love it. I predict Godins will be pretty sought after down the road. As far as I'm concerned, they're making some of the best gear around these days. :thu:

EG

Archived