Post pics of beautiful "wrong" guitar shapes...

Jkater

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

man, that's some cool bass. explain to me what's going on with the fanned frets. what's that all about? is it an intonation thing, or what?

It is for intonation, comfort and tone. I have long fingers (on a bass player? go figure) and the fanned frets were IMMEDIATELY more comfortable for me. The seem the match the radius of my hand perfectly. Also, low B strings need a longer scale to not be "flubby." Most basses are 34" scale. Extended scale basses are typically 35". The Dingwall is 37" on the B string (only 32" on the G).

It was love at first sight!

• Members

It is for intonation, comfort and tone. I have long fingers (on a bass player? go figure) and the fanned frets were IMMEDIATELY more comfortable for me. The seem the match the radius of my hand perfectly. Also, low B strings need a longer scale to not be "flubby." Most basses are 34" scale. Extended scale basses are typically 35". The Dingwall is 37" on the B string (only 32" on the G).

It was love at first sight!

well, it's cool as heck. i hope you got a good price for it!

• Members
esp_armor_custom_1.jpg
esp_armor_custom_2.jpg

Some of the ESP custom shop guitars, they look like something you would hang on the wall like a piece of art just to look at it.
:lol:

I would rock the {censored} out of this thing, that's awesome !!! I would dress up like gandalf or some dragon slayer character and just go UNF UNF UNF !!

Archived