Inexpensive gears that sound good! Post 'em!!!

Misha

• Members

... And please, say how you use them!

I'll start with an amp I discovered lately: the Vox Pathfinder 15R. Around 115$ CAD.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Pathfinder-15R-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481948

Good cleans at bedroom volume. Very "Voxy". It sounds very good with a Tele.

* 15W of power

* 8" Bulldog speaker

* Gain boost

* Tremolo

* Spring reverb

* 2-band EQ (treble, bass)

* Tremolo speed and depth controls

* Boost and tremolo are footswitchable Headphone output with internal speaker mute

* Line out DI jack

* Speaker out

* Basket-weave vinyl

* Diamond grille cloth

* White piping

* Gold beading

* Chicken head knobs

The amp takes pedal well!

• Members

Wow! That sounds great! How much do those run (price wise)?

I see these going for around $500 on CL...a few years ago SA blew these out for $150! which is amazing..But the Ampeg experts say theses have little in common with vintage pegs...I still really want one though!

• Members

Wow! That sounds great! How much do those run (price wise)?

I think this amp is no longer in production but you may still find one in store. ( I think it was made in 2008 or 2009). It was not cheap, maybe 900$ US but it's a point-to-point hand-wired amp!

I saw one used for 500$, too bad, I could not grab it at this time. I often see Ampeg Jet J12 used in adds, locally! Prices vary a lot though!

• Members

Well mine may be a bit farther from the norm :p

I have been buying old cheap vintage Harmony/Silvertone/Airline/Dano stuff for the past year or so. I have 2 low watt tube amps I got for 100 dollars each and a nice louder 15ish watt tube amp for 200. Two low watts from the 60s and the louder one from the 50s!

For guitars I have been using an old 58 Dano I got for a couple hundred, the harmony I inherited, a few 60s teiscos I got for a hundred each, and I have a harmony bobkat I have in the works that costed me only 200 hundred.

22061123446758420813047.jpg

30453133170945519413047.jpg

img2439d.jpg

36875132501636787113047.jpg

When it comes to inexpensive gear, I love it.

• Members

I see these going for around $500 on CL...a few years ago SA blew these out for $150! which is amazing..But the Ampeg experts say theses have little in common with vintage pegs...I still really want one though!

From what I hear the j20 is more of an early fender circuit. Still haven't tried that one though. The "reissue" ones don't have alot in common with the vintage stuff, but I have both, and I love both. :)

• Members

Best $100 you can spend on PC recording..

jstationbig.jpg

The "Blackface" models on this are easily as good or better than my X3..

+1

I love mine, I'm even using it for live use, the things sounds awesome going into a PA. and the Jedit software makes this thinga breeze to build some awesome patches. Wanna share some?

• Members

Sure, I got a ton of them saved. I'm at work now, but I'll post a few when I get home.

I too have used it live straight into a PA.. The thing works great. This was my first modeler, and I've since moved on to POD stuff, but the old J-Station is still a favorite of mine.

Archived