Best Guitar Album Ever

F-bomb

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Keith Moon was a "lead" drummer much like Entwistle was also something of a "lead" bassist because as great as Townshend is he's not much of a soloist and he has said as much himself. For example the drum and bass intro to The Real Me which one of my favorite musical moments of all time. To say Moon just played one long fill is incredibly simplistic and completely inaccurate. His fills have a rhythm, tempo and cadence to them that suit each song...

Sorry now to get back on topic...

1. UFO - Obession

2. Jeff Beck - Guitar Shop

3. Aerosmith - Rocks

• Members

There is no comparison in talent and style with a guy like Keith Moon compared to someone like Bonham

lol 2 keith moons couldn't play "fool in the rain" if they had vinnie colaiuta helping. cuz they'd be trying to throw some halfass single stroke roll on top of everything for absolutely no reason at all and ruin everything.

jesus, that guy kills the who for me, and i actually like roger daltrey and pete townshend a lot and john entwisle might be my favorite bass player of all time.

but that spastic asshole just ruined it all. good thing he had the rest of the band to cover for his useless bull{censored}.

best band ever to have a completely {censored} drummer.

• Members

I like this thread a lot.

It shows that it is not possible to capture all of a guitar in a single album, such is the range and ability of guitarists

AND its not a pissing contest yet.

Thats all I have to say.

(except that if Moon had been a guitarist he would have been a shredder.)

• Members
not the best... or even my favourite... but i thought i'd throw it out there.... i love the guitar work on this album (which got canned critically)

roses4.jpg

John Squire is one of my favourite guitarists. I prefer their first album overall. This one does have some great guitar on it though.

As for Keith Moon (who I am responsible for bringing into this thread:facepalm:), I think it says a lot about his personality and style that not everyone agrees about him. He was an extremely volatile character - I watched a documentary once which described a meeting he had with Oliver Reed (another complete drunkard), in which one or the other of them was shooting at the other from a helicopter with a shotgun... just for a laugh.

Archived