Where Were You When 9/11 Happened?

Mark L

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Next thing I know I was in front of a Boarding review in the Rear Admirals office raising my hand and Volunteering for a one year enlistment...,.

Right on! Going from your previous line of work I would think that would be pretty cool to go help out like that.....'specially as it had a term limit on it. Did they pay you okay?

• Members

We never landed on the moon. Kennedy was an inside job. 9-11 was us. Thousands of people would have had to be involved in each of these conspiracies. Of course, after all these years, each and every one of these co-conspirators has remained silent (or been killed off??). I think that either is highly unlikely and that such theories are supported by those with very active imaginations (or very weak minds, take your pick).

• Members

I was packing as I was leaving for college the next day. I had the TV on and a "Breaking News" clip came on and I flipped over to CNN. Watched the 2nd plane hit. Stopped packing. Got my mum. We watched for as long as we could and then we went to the grocery store and to make a final run on college supplies. We came home and watched more news and in the morning we watched the news before we packed up the car and drove me off to school. And I'll never forget how perfect the sky and the breeze and the sun and temperature was. It was almost like it had to be that way. The day started out just like that yesterday morning here and it was like being there all over again... I went to the same grocery store, made the same drive, everything.

I think that was probably one of the most somber 1st weeks of college ever.

• Members

no strawberry right?

apparently there is an abundance of state sponsored malarkey flavor though, some appear to be swallowing it hook line and sinker. so much for thinking for ones self. quiet, i think i hear the sound of goosestepping jack boots.

• Members

Well I like everyone else @ the time had my suspicions, but was not likely or inclined to be going around the world collecting evidence for my own personal conspiracy theory case against the Gov't. What would anyone do with their suspisions? Except stack em in a pile waiting for the taxman to come and collect? Except maybe someone like SBB's, who seems quite intent on proving the truth to himself at least, if to no other...It would take the resources of a Gov't to prove it was a Gov't job.These {censored}wads that perpetrated this {censored} had the bull{censored} covered in compartmentalised need to know security secrecy and bull{censored} in triplicate before the idea even reached the president. And that is such a preposterously counter logical counter productive and counter intuitive arguement. Like the Govt is going to investigate itself and admit any wrongdoing. This is exactly why this country is so completely {censored}ed up right now it's Because the Gov't on every concievable level will never admit to doing anything wrong or ever making a mistake...That dumb bitch Pelosi talks about draining the swamp, whatta {censored}ing joke:

She would need to empty the Pentagon, the CIA, the

NSA, Dept of Homeland Security and the entire {censored}ing cabinet just to remove the moss. I've had the belief and suspicions it was engineered for quite some many years now. I dont give a {censored} what you believe homeboy, my credibility has nothing to do with it. How amazingly unintelligent of you to think so:

as if I had some/any responsibility to you. I dont answer to anyone unless I want to. I'm no Prince in a cracker suit either...I play percussion quite well, and it has little to do with anything other than my own meter/rhythym.

My Avatar is a rare photo of me actually smiling...not often caught by the paparrazzi, you should download it and save it: it could become very rare indeed someday...

Download that photo...WTF would I EVER want to do something like that?....A rare picture of you smiling...that's obvious, your lips are so stretched across your bodacious teeth you look like a snarling dog... nothing against Canines...with them you know where you stand....

I DO know a Cowardly Charlatan when I find one...I can almost smell your odor of fear through Cyberspace.

• Members

Right on! Going from your previous line of work I would think that would be pretty cool to go help out like that.....'specially as it had a term limit on it. Did they pay you okay?

I turned the pay down, I could've gotten 4 months active duty pay while doing Master- at- Arms Duty, but I wanted to be strictly 'volunteer' for my State and my Country.
The hardest part was going thru 6 weeks of Basic Training AGAIN! this time at the ripe old age of 48.

I met some many cool, dedicated, 'peeps' from all over who just felt they had to do something after the attack....
Rather than just bang on Jungle drums and come up with excuses about 'conspiracies' to disguise their inadequacy and 'slackerness'....

Is that a word?:lol:

Anyway thanks 'Huh?' for the kind words.

• Moderators

But to me at least, here in the States, the idea of an actual attack on the very ground of our nation, simply seems more like the stuff of science fiction than something that could actually happen.

Both the Germans and Japanese attacked US soil in WW2.

The Japanese seized some of the Aleutian Islands and held them, they bombarded Astoria Oregon and sent some small manned aircraft to attempt to set the forests on fire nearby. The pilots were captured on US soil.

And of course you know about Pearl Harbor and the attempted invasion of Midway.

Ironically, 9/11 was a spectacular attack in that many of us watched in in real time, but it was not an act of war any more than the Oklahama City bombing was.

Terry D.

• Members
Both the Germans and Japanese attacked US soil in WW2.

The Japanese seized some of the Aleutian Islands and held them, they bombarded Astoria Oregon and sent some small manned aircraft to attempt to set the forests on fire nearby. The pilots were captured on US soil.

And of course you know about Pearl Harbor and the attempted invasion of Midway.

Ironically, 9/11 was a spectacular attack in that many of us watched in in real time, but it was not an act of war any more than the Oklahama City bombing was.

Terry D.

Of course you are right about the facts....that's part of my point, that the typical American attitude seems congenitally allergic to certain negative facts - the denial tendency I mentioned before.

And of course, there is the very American sort of egoism whereby most every generation feels that are playing with an entirely new hand and that the past doesn't matter. This might be shortening towards the half-generation these days...

I mean, if something was filmed in black and white, seen on TV in old, grainy, glitchy newsreel format, the very format seems to proclaim "this is old old stuff that is of academic interest only" - one of those McCluhan-moments where the medium is the message.

The distinction between "acts of war" and "terrorism" is also technically correct, but in this context, so....??:)

nat whilk ii

• Members

a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online discussion forum with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response or otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion

Not that you can always believe what Wiki says though.

• Members

I was living in Bogota NJ at the time. That's about 16 miles from GZ. In a clearing you could see the smoke. I was driving over to the sitters to drop my daughter off when the first one hit. When the first one hit I thought wow that was a big mistake. The sitter had the TV on and saw the 2nd one hit. Well then I knew it was no mistake.

I still left my daughter and went to work. I had no idea that the buildings would come down. On my way to work up in Westchester NY, I had to cross the Tappan Zee bridge. I believe shortly after getting to work the first one came down and talk of closing the bridges had started. Told the boss I gotta go. Went back to the sitters grabbed the girl and watched the TV the rest of the day.

It wasn't a major factor, but I think it definitely was an element that lead to moving to NC.

When I turned twenty my parents asked me what I wanted for my birthday. I said I wanted to have dinner at Windows on the World. That was the only time I was at the top of the Trade Tower.

• Members

someone hears the sound of goose-stepping jack boots?
maybe that person's female relatives from another part of town are staying with him in an upstairs bedroom and stomping around the floor in anger because their 'baby daddy' done slashed the tires of their house in the trailer park because he heard she went on jerry springer and said she was intimate wif some gang members whilst he was in jail.:idk:

• Members

I was driving to work on the 10 Fwy, approaching downtown, while listening to the Kevin and Bean show on KROQ. They were in a complete panic (understandably), and they had a lot of information flying around, not all of it accurate. After my initial shock, I switched to a news station, which also was reporting a lot of rumors (and saying that "they had heard unconfirmed reports of..." and all sorts of things. When I got to work, everyone was buzzing about it, all in shock.

• Members
Yeah, well when youv'e seen one {censored}ing troll, you've pretty much seen them all. The names and avatars change but the attitude always remains the same...

same...as...it...ever...was...

When you seen one Paranoiac, surly , despondent, tough talkin' 'Wuss' using a lot of profanity to bolster /enhance his sorry- assed worn out and regurgitated 'theories' of Conspiracy, you might have seen them all...

And when they will not/cannot even once offer one iota of fact to back up thier stilted argument...I guess you've seen them all too....

then, you add a half -wit, bus driving 'Foil' behind him,
COASTER ....who has had numerous 'run- ins' with the law....
Oh yeah, that's some major credibility being offered up by 'Frick and Frack' OR 'Tweedley Dum' and 'Tweedley Dummer'.....:thu:

same...as..it...ever...was.

• Members
someone hears the sound of goose-stepping jack boots?

maybe that person's female relatives from another part of town are staying with him in an upstairs bedroom and stomping around the floor in anger because their 'baby daddy' done slashed the tires of their house in the trailer park because he heard she went on jerry springer and said she was intimate wif some gang members whilst he was in jail.
:idk:

sounds personal. so when did this happen to you?

Archived