Matchless Amps

ourdarkestdays

• Members

Soooo, I couldn't help but notice that the two guys who recommended Ceriatone amps don't list one in their sigs. I'm not trying to discredit either of you, but have you tried them, or are you going on someone else's recommendation? Just asking, not trying to start anything. :cop:

• Members

Soooo, I couldn't help but notice that the two guys who recommended Ceriatone amps don't list one in their sigs. I'm not trying to discredit either of you, but have you tried them, or are you going on someone else's recommendation? Just asking, not trying to start anything.
:cop:

i'm getting a custom done from Nik in the very near future... EF86 front end, whatever he uses in his Dumble clones for the rectifier tube, and EL84 power tubes... it's going to be my Voxy, Dumbly, Orangy type thing... do i have any experience as of yet? no, but i have talked exstensively with Nik and have checked out all the vids i can find... for the money, i'll take the gamble:thu:

• Members

I find the Matchless Hotbox makes any amp sound better. Plus you can dial in a pure Kyuss fuzz sound

matchlessface.jpg

I have a Bad Cat 2-Tone which is a similar (if not identical) pedal. These are basically the preamp section of a tube amp underfoot so they add a gain stage. Mine has caps labeled "Matchless" inside them so I think it was made just after Matchless converted to Bad Cat (used old stock parts)

I use mine for everything. It adds compression and presence through the clean channel alone and I love it for that. Lots of different tones. I use a

12BH7A tube instead of a 12AX7 in V2. You get lots of different sounds out of the drive configuration that way. Anything from mild overdrive to fuzz sounds. I found using a 12AX7 there was too metal/high gain on all the drive settings for what I play.

Archived