What decade of Rock Music do you Enjoy LISTENING to the most?

GAS Man

• Members

I ask this question, because - to my great surprise - for me -

and I only discovered this after getting a new car again with XM satellite radio

- that it's 80s music. :facepalm:

I've shocked myself. I would have guessed 60s or 70s, but once the junk is filtered out and you're listening to just the rock music of that decade - I find the 80s music to be up beat, very punchy, and just a lot of fun. Not as much bubble gum thrown in as the 60s, and not as heavy as the 70s, but still very tight.

What's yours?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

80's, lived it, bored me,

Those were exactly my thoughts too. That's why I'm surprised to find myself keep dialing in the 80s channel on XM. Maybe their sampling of that era has a lot to do with it. But I remember feeling like Stevie Ray Vaughan gave me a reason to live within the doldrums of 80s music. Now I seem to be recalling how much good was mixed in there too. I may have just been in mourning the first time around for the loss of my tunes during the time of my pubes, i.e. 60s/70s (You know, it's a psychological fact that most people bond with the music during the age of their puberty. But I don't think that necessarily holds true for musicians. We can move on.)

Here's a list of some of the 80s top recording artists.

http://digitaldreamdoor.nutsie.com/pages/best_artists80pop.html

not definitive, but maybe interesting.

• Members

70's/80's for the most part followed by 90's/00's and some 50's/60's...
:freak:

When it comes to the pop of the 60s, I tend to prefer the pop of the 50s myself. But some of the heavier rock of the 60s is what I identify with the most.

An old die-hard Stones fan here. :D

• Members

The 1960s was by far the most interesting from jazz and blues to rock and the beginnings of metal. The 1970's seemed to narrow the sound down more as recordings took on close micing and isolation in the studio with more tracks. The implosion of the internet and advent of home recording has likewise created an interesting and diverse music era from 2000 onwards. The 1980s and 1990s were okay, but not as memorable.

The 1960's and 2000's would be my selection.

Archived