I have Silverface GAS! Show me yours!

Doctor Morbius

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You can buy a brand new USA custom for $1200. Sigh...

EG

Those brown thingies? I've read they're significantly different than the originals; not to say they're not as good (but, the snobs do say they're not as good). I've seen a few of those go for not much over $500 used...I'd love to try one out.

• Members

Love my 76 Twin. I need to find a good amp tech within an hour or two of Pittsburgh. She is in need of a checkup.

It's all stock, save the tubes. It also has all the knobs back on it.

SDC10002.jpg

Looking into a similar era Bassman 100 and have crazy gas for a Super Reverb (may hunt down a reissue one though)

• Members

Here's the best sounding Champ in the world:D

DSCN9004c.jpg

And my `75 Bassman Ten converted to a head.

DSCN7912c.jpg

And I'll remind you guys...the Indianapolis Guitar Show happens saturday October 2nd at the Fairgrounds...that's where I got my Champ for $250. They had quite a few different Silverfaces last year.

• Members

Gah! I've always got Silverface GAS too. I'm always on the lookout for a good Deluxe Reverb or a Pro Reverb.

Not too long ago a guy on CL was selling a blackface Pro Reverb for something like $400. I was first to email him but it had some minor issues and a non-original baffle so I stupidly didn't jump on it. What a dumbass I was! Even the seller was like "are you sure man?" I think he was trying to do me a favor. :facepalm:

• Members

Not too long ago a guy on CL was selling a blackface Pro Reverb for something like $400. I was first to email him but it had some minor issues and a non-original baffle so I stupidly didn't jump on it. What a dumbass I was! Even the seller was like "are you sure man?" I think he was trying to do me a favor.
:facepalm:

Man, that's a steal! I missed out on a fairly clean looking Vibro Champ on my local CL for about $350. It was gone within hours!

• Members

Man, that's a steal! I missed out on a fairly clean looking Vibro Champ on my local CL for about $350. It was gone within hours!

I know man...it sucks but I just wasn't quite up on which models were more valuable than others at the time. I've kicked myself multiple times over letting that one go. :facepalm:

Was that a blackface VibroChamp for $350? If so, :facepalm: :facepalm:

I was able to score a blackface Bassman head with a 1x15 Fender cab recently for $420. The cab is probably from the '70s though, and the amp itself kinda doesn't work. ;) Still, I think (hope) it'll be an easy fix.

• Members

I'm hopefully just a few days away from finding out. Workin' out a trade right now. Cross yer fingers for me!

Fingers crossed. :thu:

There was just a late '70s Twin Reverb on our local CL that sold for $400 in about 4 hours. It didn't have the original speakers or grille cloth though. And it was a 100 watt ultralinear version.

• Members

That's one of the reasons I like Twin Reverbs. They go for a lot less and IMO have unstoppable tone, even at lower volumes.

This is one of the reasons I will never get rid of my '76 Twin. I don't use it a lot anymore, but it the perfect backup amp. I've even used it for vocals once or twice.

• Members

This is one of the reasons I will never get rid of my '76 Twin. I don't use it a lot anymore, but it the perfect backup amp. I've even used it for vocals once or twice.

Throw a Barbar Direct Drive in front of it and you'll be amazed. Lowbrow, Cratz2 and I all were flabbergasted at how Marshally one of my Twins sounded with just that pedal. Freakin' amazing.

Archived