bonamassa is in a rock band?

cerebrix

• Members

I like what I heard so far; I'm gonna pick up the CD or download it in the near future.

Definitely fills a void, and sounds pretty good to boot.

The voice may not be what it once was, but it's nice to see Hughes back at it - and not dead.

• Members

Glenn Hughes does sound a bit screechy with the vocals. Awesome rock sound though - clearly BCC are four guys that want to rawk and probably don't care what anybody else thinks of them!

Nice solo in that one - a little bit Gary Moore-ish I thought...nothing wrong with that though!

• Members

got this cd a couple weeks ago

i think it rocks.......but some of you may be disappoint

joe is doing the rock thing on this more than the blues

and there are def. some gary moore moments

oh....... and i like hughes

• Members

I'm loving the BCC album - great playing from everyone in the band. I'm a big fan of Joe Bonamassa, but I think he's at his best doing bluesy rock, not necessarily straight up blues (although his version of "If Heartaches Were Nickels" is fantastic). Even on his solo records, at least half (or more) of the songs are pretty rocking (check out Ballad of John Henry, Story of a Quarryman, Sloe Gin, Dirt In My Pocket, etc).

I love the sound of the record, too - Glenn's bass just rips in Black Country. The guitars are full and powerful on every song. Great tone throughout. The keys aren't really pushed, but Derek does get a nice solo in "Too Late For The Sun."

Archived