Still Have Your Original Rig You 1st Gig'd With?

PorscheDad

• Members

I found some pictures of my first gig back in 1982. I was 18 at the time. As I looked at the pictures, I realized, I still have the equipment. I don't gig with it anymore, but it brings back great memories.

In the picture is my 1982 Ibanez Roadstar, RS1000. Also my Peavey Special (Solo Series). All orginal and in fine shape. The RS has some war wounds from college.:mad:

So, anyone else still have their original rig from their 1st gig(s).

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well... I was gigging with a ton of different stuff in my younger days. I have most of the guitars, but they're all in various states of disrepair. I used to gig with an old Peavey Rage (Yeah, I was five, it was all I needed), but then I got a new one, so my father sold it. Still have that second one though.

• Members

My first 'gig' - at a school charity night - I borrowed my dad's '73 strat and Peavey Classic 212. He gave me the amp, which I still have - it sort of still works...

The guitar, on the other hand, he says I can't have until he's dead. Possibly the nicest strat I've ever played!

• Members

Nope. That was just about 20 years ago now. It was a Kramer Pacer Special and a Peavey (something) Chorus. Classic Chorus?, Stereo Chorus?. I forget, but it was heavy, solid state, and loud. The distortion channel was called "tube stack" and the control was called "saturation". Sounded like ass IIRC, but I didn't care. I was having the time of my life.

• Members

I've only played paying gigs in 1988 or 1989. I used a Kramer Beretta and a borrowed Ampeg bass amp. Sold the Beretta about a year later to get a Soloist and the amp was borrowed.

I do still have the hardshell case and the strap!

• Members

Yes and No. I have the first guitar (embarrassingly enough.. an old '85 single humbucker BC Rich Ironbird with the heavy Kahler trems. You could use the trem arm as a lethal weapon!) and I still have the Acoustic 125 Combo, but I was powering its speakers with an old Peavey PA head that's no longer functional. (it blew up, taking the original acoustic's speakers with it..lol)

I still have the first pedals I had at the time too. Boss Turbo Distortion and Thomas Organ King Vox wah... that was my whole rig back in '91. Moved up to a humongous 12 space Carvin Quad-X/Tube 100 rack setup with 4x12 cab in '95.

• Members

no, but if I remember correctly it was with a mid-1980s strat (volume/tone/top mount instrument jack/that weird bridge) and either a Peavey Reknown 2x12 or a Peavey with 1 12" .... it was in a church basement in 1984 doing our own bad originals as we couldn't play a complete cover song at the time :)

• Members

my first electric was a 1989 Charvel with a floyd Rose, dont remember the actuall model number. My second electric is a 1990 Gibson es-347. I dont have the Charvel anymore, but I still have the Gibson, and have used it in every band, open mic night, basement jam, I've ever played in:)

Archived