NGD: I just popped my Agile cherry....

ashasha

• Members
HNGD! What's wrong with the inlays? They look fine from your pictures.

Yeah, they look better in the pictures. They're that crazy multicolored crap if you know what I am talking about. It's the same stuff that the Schecters and LTD's use for binding and stuff.

I'm pretty much over it though. :lol:

• Members

It's definitely the 3500, I spent a lot of time with it tonight and pretty much verified everything listed on the website. To be honest it's a pretty ridiculous spec sheet (the pleasant surprises are bolded)

# Seymour Ducan SH-2N (Jazz) in neck position. Seymour Ducan SH-1B (59) in bridge position.
# High voltage pots with brass shafts for reduced noise.
# Improve bridge (Gotoh GE103B-T) and tail (Gotoh GE101AM-T). Both in nickel.
# Improved (Japanese made) pickup selector switch.
# 3/4"+ (20mm) two piece maple cap. The flame pattern runs the entire thickness of cap.
# solid 2 piece mahogany body.
# Triple bound body, and headstock. Single binding on neck.
# Nickel hardware, including Nickel die-cast Grover tuners with 18-1 turning ratio for ultra fine tuning (Model 102-18N)
# Two volume and two tone controls, plus a three way pickup selector switch
# One piece Mahogany set neck with 13.7" (350mm) radius neck for fast play and adjustable truss rod
# Ebony fret board with 22 Jumbo (2.7mm) frets and real Abalone Trapezoidal inlays
# GHS strings installed at the factory and a professionally cut bone nut
# A pre-cut graphite nut is also included in the bag with the trus rod adjuster for those who prefer graphite
# Individually hand filed frets for professional feel and playability
# Width of the neck at the nut: 1 5/8"; at the 21st fret: 2 3/16"
# Neck taper/thickness at the 1st fret: 21.5 mm; at the 12th fret: 23.5mm
# Overall length: 40"; Scale length: 24 3/4"
# Body thickness: 2" at edge; Width at the widest point: 13"
# Actual Weight is only 10 lbs

You mean abalone?

Yes, thank you for figuring out what the hell I was talking about. :lol:

I'm just not a fan of it. I mean some of it looks good, but usually on a solid color. I think that with the flame top it just looks a bit out of place.

• Members

I love an Agile LP copy with Seymour Duncan Seth Lovers and 4 push pull pots/Jimmy Page wiring. My favorite dual humbucker guitar recipe.

I'm thinking about a Pearly Gates. Last time I played one in an LP this heavy it was frickin awesome. Of course having a Phat Cat in the neck didn't hurt either; it was a great combination IMHO.

On a side note I ordered some mini push pull pots for my SG (really shallow cavity) and I may go ahead and do a parallel/series setup for the Agile as well. Don't really need phase or split coils to be honest.

I suppose I could go with a pair of tripleshots as well. Those things work great.

Archived