Halloween Gig Report (KISS Content)

notjonahbutnoah

• Members

So for a couple months now our band has been working on KISS songs for a local bar that does "rip off" shows every Halloween. It's where some local band plays a whole set of some famous band's songs. Basically, you're a tribute band for one night. Well, it all went down on Saturday. This year, the line up was:

Devo

The Donnas

The Dead Milkmen

KISS

Iron Diamond

KISS was a pretty nutty band to have to perform as, especially because of the costumes... platforms anyone? But, our band's layout is exactly like KISS which made it easy to delegate the various parts. We normally look like this:

DSCN4834.jpg

Matt (Paul) there on the left plays rhythm and sings, Damon (Gene) plays bass and sings, Chris (Peter) drums, and I (Ace) play lead and sing only a few backing vocals.

Originally, I wasn't gonna make a post about it, but it was so much fun and went so much better than I expected that I just wanted to share some pictures, so here we go...

Damon and Chrs

DSCN7829.jpg

Matt

DSCN7830.jpg

This is right before we started, guy in middle is Greg Brenner who started punk rock night, and the twins on the left and right are our buddies Davey and Corbin who dressed as roadies and helped us load in... again, platforms. Note the two white bits of tubing sticking up at the front of the stage, home made confetti cannon...

DSCN7855.jpg

See...

DSCN7899.jpg

Matt's Paul Stanley strumming

DSCN7876.jpg

The place was packed

DSCN7881.jpg

Hehehe, lowbrow. Dr. Morbius was also in attendance I believe.

DSCN7866.jpg

Here's me, I believe this is during Rock n Roll All Night, note the sweet light up sign that was made for us by another friend

DSCN7918.jpg

...Beth

DSCN7897.jpg

• Members

I just like this one because the guitars look neat.

DSCN7890.jpg

This is maybe the only one with all 4 of us together

DSCN7922.jpg

But anyhoo, I must admit, I was totally dreading it. Before this band, I was in a band that did a lot of classic rock covers and was just so tired of it. When Damon told me that KISS was the plan for Halloween, I spit. But, it was a blast and totally worth it.

Couple tidbits, our set list was:

Deuce

I Stole Your Love

Cold Gin

Strutter

Beth

Love Gun

Shout It Out Loud

Dr. Love

Detroit Rock City

Rock n Roll All Night

Also, if you wanna see more pics you can click on this right here,

http://www.punkrocknight.com/gallery/album526

There were some neat costumes and the band that did Devo was spectacular.

All in all a great night, what'd you guys do over the weekend???

• Members

All in all a great night, what'd you guys do over the weekend???

Well, I went to this local bar that does a tribute show every Halloween and saw a bunch of cool sets from some cool bands, but this one band...I think they're called The Involuntarys...they did a KISS tribute and frankly, I was blown away!

Not only did they have the costumes and a {censored}ing confetti cannon (!) they did a god damn amazing job performing the songs. It was truly spectacular. In fact, I was hanging with a local git slinger named Danny and he was heard to declare after the set, that everybody better watch out, cause there's a new git slinger in town and he's a "bad ass".

You were man, you were bad ass. Everybody was. Congrats! Glad I was there!:thu:

• Members

Well, I went to this local bar that does a tribute show every Halloween and saw a bunch of cool sets from some cool bands, but this one band...I think they're called The Involuntarys...they did a KISS tribute and frankly, I was blown away!

Not only did they have the costumes and a {censored}ing
confetti cannon
(!) they did a god damn amazing job performing the songs. It was truly spectacular. In fact, I was hanging with a local git slinger named Danny and he was heard to declare after the set, that everybody better watch out, cause there's a new git slinger in town and he's a "bad ass".

You were man, you were bad ass. Everybody was. Congrats! Glad I was there!
:thu:

Awwww, blush!!!! Too kind sir. It was a blast, that's for sure. Glad also was I that ya came out. Good times.

• Members

great gig report!

Well -- Sat afternoon I played for the 100th Anniversary Celebration of the Boy Scout jamboree in Nassau County NY...

singin-1.jpg

fub2-1.jpg

... coldest gig I have ever played -- about 48 degrees when we played...

And then Sunday??? well -- My daughter and I ruled the kingdom...

vicandme2.jpg

• Members

Kick ass mother{censored}er! Looked and sounded like a total blast. Out of all the bands listed I think I'd rather do a KISS set too although I'm a huge Donna's fan.

Anyway my Halloween was spent at home watching Dexter, and after literally waiting {censored}ing years for a serious Zombie show, we watched The Walking Dead. Great {censored}ing show BTW, but would have rather DVR'd the bitch and gone and seen a {censored}ing confetti cannon.

• Members

I clicked on this for the hell of it and what a surprise, it is from Indiana and the Mel! I've been on that stage before; I was the bassist for the Gates of Slumber and my son is in Bulletwolf and has played there many times. What a trip! I worked 2nd shift this Halloween so no festivities for me.

• Members

I clicked on this for the hell of it and what a surprise, it is from Indiana and the Mel! I've been on that stage before; I was the bassist for the Gates of Slumber and my son is in Bulletwolf and has played there many times. What a trip! I worked 2nd shift this Halloween so no festivities for me.

Yeah, the "historic" Melody Inn. If you're askin me, their stage is one of the coolest places to stand in Indy, as far as I know. It's our home base pretty much. We're friends with most of the chaps who run things, they're all cool guys. We're playing there again tomorrow, not as KISS however.

Archived