New Gibson Signature Model!!!

Oddball

• Members

I'd get one, and paint it TV Yellow.

Seriously--this thing has two P-90s and the normal wide Gibson headstock. Plus it will have a street price in the $500-700 range. Other than the Jonas Brothers association, what's not to like? :idk:

• Members

I wasn't fully on-board with the Gibson bashing, but consider this the last straw out of many I have given this company. They have absolutely driven this brand to the ground and this model is an insult to anyone who's ever had a signature model under their name. Go {censored} yourself, Gibson! :mad:

• Members

Seriously--this thing has two P-90s and the normal wide Gibson headstock. Plus it will have a street price in the $500-700 range. Other than the Jonas Brothers association, what's not to like?
:idk:

this would be sweet. i'd rock it.

• Members

Seriously--this thing has two P-90s and the normal wide Gibson headstock. Plus it will have a street price in the $500-700 range. Other than the Jonas Brothers association, what's not to like?
:idk:

A melody maker with 2 p90s, a full sized headstock and what looks to be an ebony board :love:

Sure, its a bad choice of artist and the graphic sucks, but besides that its a pretty freakin sweet guitar.

Haters gonna hate

• Members

The good new is that 10 years from now no one will remember the Jonas Bros!

You can just make up some BS about what the JB stands for!

P.S. OP, I am a lurker too. I actually was getting on here to post about this myself - ha! Craziness does bring people to action I guess.

• Members

I don't know who the Jonas Brothers are, but I'm guessing they are some kind of boy band/pop thing. I guess my kids are too young to know what they are, and I am way too old. A quick google search makes me think they are some manufactured pop band for tweens???

Anyway, I'm with Spike Li on this one. Looks like some decent specs. I don't care for the graphic or signature pickuguard, but a satin nitro, dual p90, mahogany plank with an ebony board seems pretty cool. If they offer it in a normal finish with the same specs, I'd give it a go. Here are some more detailed specs.

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Melody-Maker/Gibson-USA/Jonas-Brothers-Melody-Maker/Specs.aspx

• Members

The Jonas Brothers are pretty huge. Or they were last year anyway.

I pretty much hate all watermarked/signed guitars. PRS makes one that's cool looking except the watermark for Opeth, whoever the hell they are.

70816_l.jpg

And I also hate SRV pickguards on strats.

For what its worth.

(Which isn't much.)

• Members

I just don't get it. It's a normal Melody Maker with a watermark noone will want (or noone who spends that much on guitars, at least) and P-90s. A dremel, a pair of pickups, and a -$400 guitar will do the same and not be so {censored}ing tacky.

Does the headstock look off to anyone else?

• Members

Hopefully they ship with purity strings as well.

:lol:

The question becomes: who in the Jonas Bros' audience is interested in, or can afford, a limited edition Gibson guitar?

At least the "Beano" Les Paul makes (marginally) more sense. :facepalm:

Archived