R.I.P. Flash Bathory

sleepeatplay

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For those of you that don't know her she was an up and comer from Austin, she was on the warped tour last year. She had some good chops and was a very nice, cool, person. I like to check out the kids and see what's there, been watching her develop over the last couple of years. I think her myspace site is still up. I just got home from work, haven't checked yet.

Don't know how she passed. I do know I have two sons that I worry about every day. I also had to attend a couple of my oldest's sons friend's funerals. It's something you never get over.

If you have kids, give them a hug or phone call.

Peace, Paul

• Members

Bad stuff indeed to pass at that age. But am I being cynical in saying if it wasn't for her sex she wouldn't be on the warped tour, endorsing guitars and getting ad shoots? From the evidence of that video I reckon there must be so many more skilled teenage players out there who will never get a chance to focus fully on thier playing.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

VERY VERY sad!!! She was beautiful and talented AND a great person!!! Talked to her many times online...we were both endorsed w/ Minarik Guitars.....very very sad!

Always sad when you hear of someone that young and w/ that much potential passing away. Sadder when the causes are "unspecified."

I even find it sad that anyone would endorse Minarik guitars.

• Members

Such a shame. She looked like such a hottie, full of life, fun and talent.
:(

Yeah, this year took at least two high profile female axe players - Michelle Meldrum passed on about mid-year (Meldrum, Phantom Blue on Schrapnel Records). She was married to John Norum (Europe, Don Dokken, Solo albums)...totally out of the blue! RIP FLASH & MICHELLE MELDRUM !!

mmeldrum_memorial.jpg' alt='>'>

• Members

I never heard of this player before this post. That's a sad, sad way to get to hear of a "new" musician.

RIP.

That happens to me a lot around here. I'm totally out of touch. All of these RIP [insert name of guitarist that I've never heard of] threads. I gotta get out more.

I like the video. Her playing is pretty strong and the tone is hot.

• Members

i think a stunt like that would turn off her
fan
. it would me.

FTFY.

I kept seeing her ad in Premier Guitar, and thought, wow, someone wishes they were the Great Kat, but with less bloody crotch.

Bummer that a 19 year old died, probably drugs me thinks. But I like speculating, maybe it was gunfire, or a bank robbery.

• 6 months later...

Archived