R.I.P. Flash Bathory

sleepeatplay

• Members

From her Myspace blog. 19 years young. What a shame. :cry:

PASSING OF FLASH BATHORY

This is being written by Flashes family as Flash passed away on 3 September 2008 due to unspecified causes. Alot of folks have been thinking that either this is a rumor or a falsehood but alas I am writing this to verify that unfortunately this is true. Flash is no longer with us in body but her spirit will always live in everyone who had the pleasure of knowing her. She truly enriched the lives of those around her through her love of music and her love of her family and friends. CD sales at the present time are being suspended as our family deals with this tragedy but her father has stated that future sales of CD's will be available. A memorial tribute is being planned by many but at this time we cannot specify a date, city or venue where this will be taking place. We do not know how long we will be able to edit this page to update her circle of myspace friends but we are sure that the word will eventually get out to the masses through the network of myspace friends who were closest to Flash.

As Alan Di Perna said in Guitar Legends Magazine:

" THERE ARE SOME PEOPLE WHO ARE LIKE A SHOOTING STAR. They come and hit the planet and explode into a beautiful rainbow of colors. Then they shoot off somewhere else. And that was the life of Randy Rhoads."

We could not express truer words about Flash than was already written about Randy as we feel the same about her life.

She is jammin' with Randy now....

l_05a0ccd63e10968cc24d8bfedf1e15c1.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WTF????

this is a tragedy.

but it had damn well not be some lame publicity stunt.

i don't like how the "family" is already planning their merch sales:cop::cop::cop:

i only saw her in cheap trashy print ads in MI magazines. didn't even know she was actually a musician. she looked like a lot of those "suicide girl gen x" models they use in MI advertising.

if this is true, then RIP, and i wish the best for the family. no parent deserves to see their kids die before them.:cry:

• Members

WTF????

this is a tragedy.

but it had damn well not be some lame publicity stunt.

i don't like how the "family" is already planning their merch sales:cop:
:cop:
:cop:

i only saw her in cheap trashy print ads in MI magazines. didn't even know she was actually a musician. she looked like a lot of those "suicide girl gen x" models they use in MI advertising.

if this is true, then RIP, and i wish the best for the family. no parent deserves to see their kids die before them.
:cry:

This is true. Yes she is an actual musician. She was from Austin. You can you tube her. She was at the tregan guitars booth at the 08 NAMM. Tregan guitars confirmed her passing.

• Members

wow...that was a decent vid. Although I think her being compared to Randy freaking RHOADS is a bit of a stretch, she was obviously talented and it's a horrible tragedy for anyone to go that young. I hope is wasn't some kind of nasty tabloid style death.....

• Members

Uh guys, She is gone. Really.

Tregan Guitar News

(September 4, 2008)

Flash Bathory 1989 - 2008

You Will be Missed

When a music community, such as Austin, loses a friend, the world loses as well. Flash Bathory was one of these friends.

Destined for greatness, Flash was one of the rare artists that could draw crowds wherever she played. In

• Members

Uh guys, She is gone. Really.

Tregan Guitar News

I am sure she will be welcomed with open arms to the great guitar jam in the sky. Jimi, Stevie, Duane, Randy, Dimebag... Lookout, the goddess of shred is coming!

flash2.jpg
http://treganguitars.com/news.php#FB1

ummmm.....i believe the word here is hyperbole.....it's a damn shame. really, it is.

But now it's JIMI and SRV and Duane and Randy and Dimebag????

• Members

She wasn't a bad player at all. Not my style of music, but props to her. There's not enough hot female guitarists in the world as it is...and there's waaaay too may who look likekeithrichards.jpg

They weren't comparing her *playing ability* to RR, but the fact that both her and RR died very young. A lifetime of missed potential.

She was someone's cute little 19 year old daughter, fer Chrissake. Not even a tasteless douchebag like Marilyn Manson would fake their own death just for some cheap publicity. "Little known guitarist dies" is not going to get her national headlines even if it was faked. Sheesh. Conspiracy theorists kill me.

(They probably didn't want to list the cause of death because it was impalement on one of those overly pointy guitars.)

• Members

No way! This is horrible... I met her in Charlotte once when I was playing a music festival with my old band. She was an extremely nice and talented young girl! And she knew her stuff, she kicked my ass in front of all my friends! But she wasn't arrogant either.

This really makes me kind of sad. She was a great person, and we may have just lost a future rock icon.

• Members

Wow. I had just googled her a couple weeks ago after seeing her in a Tregan guitar ad. My first thought was "why is a guitar company I've never heard of using players I've never heard of in their ads?" Turns out she's got bunch of vids on youtube, some are rough but some are pretty good. She definitely had the raw talent. It's a shame she won't be around to continue refining her style and technique. RIP and say "hi" to Randy for me!! And my grandma!

• Members

I thought this was some kind of weird joke, I'd just heard of her maybe three to five months ago and I never even really got to hear her and now she's dead?

Undisclosed causes? Can't be good folks.

What a sad story, and very strange. I suspect we haven't heard the last of

this one.

RIP and prayers to the family.

Archived