The Ibanez Art Corps...for artcore owners...

steve_man

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I recently got a use AF-75 with HSC for $200.

Any tips for changing pickups? It looks to be difficult since there is no hatch for easy access to the electronics.

Great deal! :thu:

Fishing pots through F-holes to solder in new pickups is a serious pain. There are two options to make it easier (and neither is pretty).

1. Clip the leads to the stock pickups from the mount side, then make the new connections there. Skip the F-hole completely. You can wrap up the leads for the new pickups and stuff it in the cavity under them.

2. Pull the entire harness (vols, tones, switch, jack), which you'll likely have to do anyway, and solder in longer connections between volumes and tones. This way on future changes all you have to do is pull the volume pots through the F-hole. That's what I did on mine. I was replacing all the pots and switch anyway.

Then, of course, there's always option 3: take it to the shop and pay someone else to deal with it :)

• Members

The new ADJ(or something like that) is very similar, the same size, electronics, with a better bridge. For an upgraded price, of course.

The AJD91 is the new equivalent artcore semi. A very nice player and still a very reasonable price.

• Members
3432144283_e454416a98_o.jpg

Magnido I think your AS103 is even prettier than mine. :thu: I have been playing the frets off mine for the last week or so. It turns out that the comination of my AS103 and Boss GT-10 FX pedal into the FX return on a Fender Hot is sonic heaven. I mostly just got motivated to really understand and exploit the Boss (it's awesome by the way) and I just happened to pick on the AS103 to experiment with because it has the nicest sounding HB pups I own. I knew I had a really good guitar, but I just had no idea of the incredible variety of tones it can produce with this rig. It's a tone monster.

Sheer sonic lust. I prolly ought to be locked up for this stuff...:eek:

• Members
Magnido I think your AS103 is even prettier than mine.
:thu:
I have been playing the frets off mine for the last week or so. It turns out that the comination of my AS103 and Boss GT-10 FX pedal into the FX return on a Fender Hot is sonic heaven. I mostly just got motivated to really understand and exploit the Boss (it's awesome by the way) and I just happened to pick on the AS103 to experiment with because it has the nicest sounding HB pups I own. I knew I had a really good guitar, but I just had no idea of the incredible variety of tones it can produce with this rig. It's a tone monster.

Sheer sonic lust. I prolly ought to be locked up for this stuff...
:eek:

Thanks, Chris...actually, I had a little Photoshop help to pop out the colors and flames...glad you discovered the sonic powers of the Custom Super 58 pups...they're like hi-fi!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived